JKORCA

?

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

OperationChastise.jpgmap1small.jpgMohne.jpgHistory: In the dark of night in May 1943, 19 Avro Lancaster bombers took off from Scampton in Britain and flew to the Ruhr valley to attack the various dams there.

FH Version: If this map was made in FH it would be very similar to the BoB map in BF, just it would be in the dead of night, with German AA guns armed with spolights(id love to see that ingame) and 2 slow respawning BF109 fighters. Not to mention the English will only get 4 quick respawing Lancasters and no fighter support.

The bombers used a huge bouncing bomb to destroy the dams, the bomb would be released at a precise time and altitude and bounce until it hit the dam wall, once it hit it would fall down into the water and explode at the dams most vulnerable point - the bottom.

Now if the bombs ever do get working the map could be done a couple of ways

A. Overwhelming odds against the british including the bombs have to be released at exactly the right altitude and time.

Balance: A single bomb hit will destroy the dam

B. Bombs are extremely easy to use and will bounce twice or 3 times before exploding no matter wat

Balance: Overwhelming resistance and/or Dams are very strong

I would prefer A, because in the dead of night things already would be hard enough, planes would probobly crash into the dam, also in real life almost half of the bombers were lost on that flight

What do u think?

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Howdy...

I think about serious lag when the dam is bursting. Also i guess the bombs are not that easy to code. Would need some kinda bouncing torpedo code that drops to the bottom when it hits the dam and then explodes...

JW

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I'm sure that the 3D engine running BF won't allow lighting effects like spotlights. :/

Mast3rofPuppets VIP Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Bad idea, what do you do if there are only 4 lancs and 32 allies...

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
KillorLiveHow about...NO!

How about telling him why not ? That guy did some good research and had a nice idea. Its not his fault that it is "propably" not possible with the current BF42 engine BUT he deserves a better answer that that.

Otherwise STFU !

JW

BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Oh..don't be like that...Killor means well, he was just raised by a pack of wild dogs, so he has trouble expressing himself sometimes.

But you do have a point. :D

BlitzPig_Machine

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

182 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

See! :D

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

BOTB is very boring for the brits because basically they have to sit around and fight an endless army hoping for time to run out. Basically the same thing here for the germans :(

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Nice idea, but you can't have 2 different water levels unless you made a "lake" "water surface" object. And you will need different levels of water for the dam, and what when the dam breaks? The water level have to change then etc.