marine84

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

97 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I realize some people may be opposed to the idea, and perhaps it has been brought up before, if so sorry and Im always prepared to be flamed, However I think an interesting new type of warfare could be introduced for the Japanese. It seemed that suicide attacks were quite common even in the early battles in the Pacific. Japanes troops ran up to tanks and dove under them armed with magnetic mines. Perhaps giving a Japanese soldier a weapon such as an xpac that they could blow themselves up could justify such an act. Anyways it was just an idea I thought could shed some new light for the game.

cheesemancrusader

GF best viewed w/ pants off

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

if you can run up on a tank, and live then you might as well use a regular expack. Although i do see where your coming from, because it would be somewhat faster, i dont think people want to blow up a tank and not have their score changed. (tank commander +1 suicide -1 = 0 ). So it would seem as this would be uneccessary if you have something like expacks or AT kit.

marine84

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

97 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Good point, I guess my idea isnt that great after all

cheesemancrusader

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

well not really. the map invasion of the philipenes already has an AT class with mines as main AT weapon. t99AT.jpghere is you magnetic mine or "sticky mine" which if it could be coded to stick to a tank and explode after a certain amount of time would be pretty realistic. Plus the best thing of all there is no suicide needed! that mine could be loaded out with one of these babies antitankgun.jpg the type 97 20mm anti tank rifle. 7 shot clip with RoF of 12 rpm. although it weighed 150 pounds with face shield attached. it only pierced 1/2 to 3/4 inches of armor but is balanced out by its 7 shot clip. That gun and possibly the mines would be way more badass than the AT grenade for the arisaka.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I read somewhere that the Type 97 was the single weapon most responsible for the loss of Marine Corp tanks in the Pacific. That weapon is why you see pics of Marine Corp Shermans with the logs and heavy boards on the lower and upper side hull.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
cheesemancrusader antitankgun.jpg the type 97 20mm anti tank rifle. 7 shot clip with RoF of 12 rpm. although it weighed 150 pounds with face shield attached. it only pierced 1/2 to 3/4 inches of armor but is balanced out by its 7 shot clip. That gun and possibly the mines would be way more badass than the AT grenade for the arisaka.

150 pounds??? Not even a M2Browning has that weight.:n0e:

Maybe 15 pounds!

cheesemancrusader

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

well...m2 browning HMG weighs 125lbs, 64" long with tripod. Type 97 ATR 150 lbs 82.5" long. doesnt sound too crazy to me...

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
cheesemancrusaderwell...m2 browning HMG weighs 125lbs, 64" long with tripod. Type 97 ATR 150 lbs 82.5" long. doesnt sound too crazy to me...

Ähem, but the M2Browning is bulkier, and it weighs that much with a tripod. Without it maybe weighs 75 pounds.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

people..its just the weight, in game it wouldnt change if it weighed a feather ;)

its a nice idea to have that AT rifle ingame, at the moment the Ariska AT grenades suck, and compared to the American Bazooka (kills in 1 shot) its a bit of a waste of time.

marine84

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

97 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Obviously the AT grenades do little, but I love watching them whizz through the air and smack against a Sherman