Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago
KämpferAnyone recall the name of the tank that the Puma got its main cannon from?

The Sdkfz 234/2 called "Puma" was armed with a 50 mm KwK 39L/60. ( answer to question : from the Panzer III ausf J ) Other versions of the Sdkfz 234, like the Sdkfz 234/3 were armend with 75mm K 51 L/24 but these were not "Puma's" The Sdkfz 234/4 even had a 75mm PAK 40 L/46, wich was also not a "Puma"

I think the FH devs got their versions a bit wrong if they call the ingame Sdkfz 234 a Puma, that gun doesn't look like a 50 mm KwK 39 L/60 to me......but i do not really care, i like the ingame Sdkfz 234, except for it's poor road performance.

getpicture.php?id=523230

This is a model of the Puma Sdkfz 234/2. Note that it has the 50 mm KwK 39 L/60 gun.

The one in FH seems to be the Sdkfz 234/4 with the 75 mm PAK 40 L/46......that one was not a Puma.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
VeryPissedOffRobCongratulations! You have suggested the stupidest idea ever for a realism mod! Fact: Only two tanks of the type Maus were built. Fact: Only one had a real gun Fact: They were as slow as hell! Fact: The P1500 and Ratte would've never worked and were doomed to rest on blueprints forever! So please for the love of god, shut your hole and don't open it again unless you have something usefull to say to brainless twat!

You guys are brutal!

I've always harbored secret wishes to see the Maus ingame despite it's never being used in combat, or if it was it was undocumented. The crazy insane stuff is not realistic, but that dosen't mean the team can't put together a "what if" map with a few of their favorite oddities in it (eventually). After all, it is a game. And the Maus (saw a picture of one in a museum somewhere) is a ridiculously awesome tank, it's so absolutely huge. I wouldn't doubt that it is slow either.. but with 7 inches of armor, who needs speed?

Colonel Kurtz

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

27th November 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

initiation? this is online...what initiation are you talking about?...what do you think this is the military?

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']

I wouldn't doubt that it is slow either.. but with 7 inches of armor, who needs speed?

In the Pacific single engine divebombers had little problems sinking aircraft carriers or even battleships with inches of armour (flight) deck.....

You think such a slow rolling fortress would be a problem for (dive)bombers ? Or artillery ?

Btw : these picture were posted by me....here they are again

getpicture.php?id=472025&check=4ba21dgetpicture.php?id=472026&check=4ba21d

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

so all we needs it for fh dev to model and code the model, but NOT put it in any official maps, and let the fanbase handle the rest, keeping FH still in line with its mission goals