Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

Just a wee suggestion, and probably an SDK thing as well;

Remove the minimap. It's unrealistic (and its not like anyone checks it anyways).

And when someone actually presses M and pulls out a Map, they can get an update on their team's positions at that time. When the map is pulled out it should fill the entire screen, not be transparent and mean that tanks, jeeps and APCs stop and that soldiers walk (perhaps with a map in their hands).

Planes are another matter... haven't thought that through yet. :D

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

Well there are times when game play should take over from realism. I use my mini-map alot to know where I can and can't bomb/shell.

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

10th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

i use the mini map whenever im in a plane, just so i know where the hell people are.

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

i tend to glance at it before opening fire on a tank, just to see if its friend or foe.

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

NO! Do NOT remove the mini-map. This would cause tons of Friendly fire problems. I use the mini-map constantly to get positions of friendlies so I don't open fire on them. If more people used the god damn thing there'd hardly ever be FF issues. I hate when morons just fire on a silouhette cause it's moving where the enemy would likely be and then they kill me. All it wouldve taken to prevent is a simple glimpse of the mini-map, and boom Im still alive and they are sitting out for 60 seconds theyre next spawn time, cause I definitely dont FTK anyone unless they say sorry.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Well keep the minimap beacuse it's good to see if your target is a friend or a foe. But the big map (when you press the M key) should be modeled so it looks like a real map.. Would be cool to see a soldier with a map in his hands .. good idea!

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

you can remove the mini map like the Fin WArs mod did but i wouldnt recomend it ... to muchfrendly fire...

javierlopez

tester

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

516 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago
Who_Flung_Poo?Well there are times when game play should take over from realism. I use my mini-map alot to know where I can and can't bomb/shell.

:agreed:

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

55 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

The two maps may be unrealistic for the time... but I can see the game degrade into Q3A against a WWII backdrop without them, and nevermind the FF. As already stated, this is one of those instances where playability really outweighs realism, largely due to the limitations of the game itself, and PC gaming as a whole.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago

The minimap isn't that unrealistic. Think about it, most officers had maps and/or a radio and at least some general idea where the enemy was.