crane

I post to get attention

50 XP

16th November 2002

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

The mod looks and sounds excellent. Best of all, it promotes teamplay !

The missing ingredient ? Fun. The maps are huge, you can run around for a long time then some newbie test firing his rifle kills you in 1 shot.

The mod is only moderately fun when you have at least 40 people on the server.

tusse

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

14th March 2004

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Well... Then perhaps this isn't your kind of mod! What does fun imply I your opinion? Because that is a highly subjective matter!

cheesemancrusader

GF best viewed w/ pants off

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

so you get tk'ed and it ruins the entire mod for you?

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

craneThe mod looks and sounds excellent. Best of all, it promotes teamplay !

The missing ingredient ? Fun. The maps are huge, you can run around for a long time then some newbie test firing his rifle kills you in 1 shot.

The mod is only moderately fun when you have at least 40 people on the server.

ok thanks for suggesting.... nothing i guess?

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Does he actually mean, that the Mod is less fun if you have more than 40 players ???

schnuple

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th February 2004

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

The mod is great fun with 46 players. Now more than ever with these excellent new maps we need 100 players. That's for the future. Maps like Breakthrough, omahahaha,Prokhorova, in fact practically all the maps are just stupid with 10 players on your side. War needs a cast of thousands.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Some maps should be played with more and others with less players. 32 players in Berlin is just a massacre for both teams. However, on the Omaha map it would be so much cooler to play with 64 players. But it's either way, many or fewer players.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Omaha with 64 people is unbelievably insane/awesome. I mean, when the door falls down on the landing craft it's all axis MG. I have a good screenshot of my boat. I was 3rd in line, me and the 1st 3 guys got out. I got behind a hedgehog. I turned around right in time to see the remining 10 guys on my boat all get killed without reaching the water. Just like the scene from saving private ryan. It was quite insane. Now for the other side of the story. Playing on Axis in a 64 man server is utter-insanity. You just constantly mow down guys with the MG's until they get a foothold, then one kick-ass fight ensues.

A_Rude_Gesture

Scanian Partisan

50 XP

18th March 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
craneThe mod looks and sounds excellent. Best of all, it promotes teamplay ! The missing ingredient ? Fun. The maps are huge, you can run around for a long time then some newbie test firing his rifle kills you in 1 shot. The mod is only moderately fun when you have at least 40 people on the server.

Try Experience WWII if you think this mod is a bit to much groggy....dude, you'll come running back with a terrified expression on your face. Not that I don't like Experience WWII, but if you're not a realism grog, you'd probably loose interest in it after playing like 10 minutes.... //A_Rude_Gesture

TheWharGoul

Tank Modeller

50 XP

18th March 2004

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

heh.. FH Rocks.. The sad part is im not much of an online player, (Im crappeh) heh. Hey at least i can admit it. So why did they take the single player out is what Id like to know. I mean, When I saw the images of the KT and IS-2 I almost creamed my self.. But after i spent some 5-6 hours trying to download the new V I find that im not able to play Single player. which In my eyes.. Really Really sucks. Cause. FH made BF1942 actualy worth playing a lot.. And at this point I probably should have posted a new thread. But Im still new on this forum and therefore was a little hesitent to post it.