SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

shebangsthedrumsperhaps with a 3 out of four success rate to kill or only injure, cause a bit of hitstun so you can finish him off via pistole??

one knife only, that your secondary hurls and follows a trajectory similar to the pfaust.

go play secret weapons of wwII..... throwing knifes not the coolest or smartest weapon, you might as well throw you helmet if out of ammo.......good idea a point to me.......

----Silent Assassin----

Pirate

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago
Try throwing a bayonet... Since that is the only knifelike thing that a soldier would have.

Of course I didn't mean to throw it :) Just to stab enemies.

But after reading Beat of war:

I don't want a throwing knife, a want the sharpened shovel each soldier had and preferred over a rifle bayonet for killing close range. While a bayonet often became stuck in bone and many were killed by other enemies while desperatly trying to free their stuck rifle , a sharp shovel was the ideal hack & slash weapon.

Only officers had pistols. Non commisioned officers and vehicle crews were often equipped with smg, the rest had to do with a rifle bayonet, or their shovel in close range combat.

Many common soldiers took pistols off dead enemies, so later in the war it wasn't unusual if they had a pistol aswell.

I have another idea: No stabbing weapons at all. I think knives have hardly ever been used to kill enemies. More likely to make dinner at camp fire.

Even if the shovel was preffered hack & slash weapon, It would be too "funny" to use in FH. You'd get lots of people making "Shovel parties" where you'd be kicked out of a server because "only shovels allowed!" BAH!

I'd say it more likely the soldier without ammo would have hit the enemy with his gun, using it as a bat.

flycatcher

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

Trhowing knives would fit in commandokits for scilent kills, but other than that I don't see any use for them.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

more oten then not, useing your gun as a club was FAR more effecting then trying to poke someone with your tiny knife, wich was used to shave, clean your nails, eat your food, and do any other little odd cutting jobs.

Qazitory

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

175 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago
PirateI'd say it more likely the soldier without ammo would have hit the enemy with his gun, using it as a bat.

I definetly agree. To use a knife you have to get really close to the enemy. Stabbing an enemy with a rifle even without a bayonet can be really painful. Or just an old-fashioned whack. In my army training we had close combat training with our shovels, but to be honest, the only situation where I'd hit an enemy with a shovel is when I'm digging my foxhole and an enemy surprises me. Being able to hit with the rifle is what I'd like to see. Would require a SDK to have a secondary fire I believe, though.

Pirate

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

PLEASE DICE! give them FH people an SDK!!!

EvilYeti

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th October 2003

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago
PeoTry throwing a bayonet... Since that is the only knifelike thing that a soldier would have. A throwing knife is a very special thing, oddly balanced for anything but throwing. A bayonet isn't balanced for it and wasn't thrown.

Its funny you would say that, one of the few confirmed thrown knife kills was in WW2 by a fellow by the name of "Skeeter" Vaughn. He killed a German sentry from 87(!) feet away with a bayonet he had modified for throwing. Pretty amazing, huh?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

Well, it was modified for throwing. Many countreis special ops were proficiant in throwing knives. Silent, and deadly if your accurate.

Matt174e

Merciless Beta Tester

50 XP

11th April 2003

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

I just tried the SW thowing knives and it's pretty bad, It should be the right click button to throw.

I think it is a good idea, just so you have the option to throw your knife... why not? Just have it as right click and not the fire button.

It would be nie to have a few small "Hidden" freatures like this, just because you can.