rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

maybe its impossible to for this but its worth a try. Is it possible to code for time fx? For example if the map starts off in daylight like lets say mid day, can it be coded to switch to sunset, night, and sunrise slowly? maybe it is impossible but the idea just occured to me. :confused:

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Hmm.. not sure because BF maps use a skybox. Your landscape sits on the bottom of the inside of the cube so you would have to have a way for the scenery on the skybox be adjustable.

I have been on games where the sky changed from day to dusk and dark and back to dawn and then to day but that was in Everquest. Not sure how the Everquest game engine does it.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I think it could be done by some FX effects and automatic fog changes.. but not the skybox chaning itself. Those are six different images, it would take tons of images to make an animation, I would wonder how big the map would be if you'd have to put all of that in the map.

Maybe we can use the sky FX from DC (I think it actually moves), if we can animate it, we can change it's density and color, and maybe do some coding so that the fog color will change along with it. But note that the skybox will keep it's color, so you'll have to make a neutral skybox, and maybe you can even only use it in non-airplane maps.

The suggestion is great, but wether or not it can be done remains a question.. the problem is that the FH fans have such a tremendous amount of fantasy and idea's but just too little people who can actually make something of it. Most FH teammembers seem to be artists, rather than coders, we could really use some people from the Action Battlefield team (no offence to FH team).

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

KingrudolfI think it could be done by some FX effects and automatic fog changes.. but not the skybox chaning itself. Those are six different images, it would take tons of images to make an animation, I would wonder how big the map would be if you'd have to put all of that in the map.

Maybe we can use the sky FX from DC (I think it actually moves), if we can animate it, we can change it's density and color, and maybe do some coding so that the fog color will change along with it. But note that the skybox will keep it's color, so you'll have to make a neutral skybox, and maybe you can even only use it in non-airplane maps.

The suggestion is great, but wether or not it can be done remains a question.. the problem is that the FH fans have such a tremendous amount of fantasy and idea's but just too little people who can actually make something of it. Most FH teammembers seem to be artists, rather than coders, we could really use some people from the Action Battlefield team (no offence to FH team).

I think he hit it on the spot.

rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

so it cant be done without coders? damn. :( can the team look for more coders at least?

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

One thing is for sure, if the devs can do it it would be revolutionary for the BF engine