MaskedBurrito

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Armor is too powerful. You guys might want to consider increasing armor damage by infantry, based on the fact that turret speed is unrealistic. Turrets track infantry too easily. Any slowing of the turrets can be easily compensated by increasing mouse sensitivity in ground vehicle options. Flanking armor becomes a serious problem expecially when they're spawn camping. I don't have a problem with spawn camping but when a turret can move fast enough to take out infantry on opposite sides, it's just too powerful. In other words, Tiger tanks turrets were not that quick and since it doesn't have a fix really, you should decrease their armor.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago
MaskedBurritoArmor is too powerful. You guys might want to consider increasing armor damage by infantry, based on the fact that turret speed is unrealistic. Turrets track infantry too easily. Any slowing of the turrets can be easily compensated by increasing mouse sensitivity in ground vehicle options. Flanking armor becomes a serious problem expecially when they're spawn camping. I don't have a problem with spawn camping but when a turret can move fast enough to take out infantry on opposite sides, it's just too powerful. In other words, Tiger tanks turrets were not that quick and since it doesn't have a fix really, you should decrease their armor.

In fact the Tiger´s needs 1 minute for a full 360 degree turn.

MaskedBurrito

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago
the_moveIn fact the Tiger´s needs 1 minute for a full 360 degree turn.

There ya go. It's because of quirks like these that I have a problem with "selectively realistic" or "semi-realistic" games/mods. I say games should be balanced to be enjoyable, not realisitc.

=strat= Corelli

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

22nd August 2003

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I bumped my "Air/Ground" sensitivity to max and it made no difference in turret speed.

Tiger G.I.Joe

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago
the_moveIn fact the Tiger´s needs 1 minute for a full 360 degree turn.

Where do you find that information? i would like to see even the other tank turret traverse speed. Please can you tell me so? I agree that turret are too fast, so they can tear apart infantry too easy. I think that a possible solution is to radically slow down all of them, from german to allied.The infantry is good as it is.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
Tiger G.I.JoeWhere do you find that information? i would like to see even the other tank turret traverse speed. Please can you tell me so? I agree that turret are too fast, so they can tear apart infantry too easy. I think that a possible solution is to radically slow down all of them, from german to allied.The infantry is good as it is.

I could give you a link but the info would be in German and therefor of no use for you, maybe.

And to the masked burrito up there, I am neither a squirk nor did I say the Tiger in FH must have that handicap.

Calm down.

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

MaskedBurritoThere ya go. It's because of quirks like these that I have a problem with "selectively realistic" or "semi-realistic" games/mods. I say games should be balanced to be enjoyable, not realisitc.[/QUOTE]

or maybe its balanced out by the fact that the tiger could kill anything thrown at it before they even saw it.... (untill late in the war)

go the fuck away and play DC or something.... dont fuck up my realism with your "fun" arcade bullshit.....

[QUOTE=Tiger G.I.Joe]Where do you find that information? i would like to see even the other tank turret traverse speed. Please can you tell me so? I agree that turret are too fast, so they can tear apart infantry too easy. I think that a possible solution is to radically slow down all of them, from german to allied.The infantry is good as it is.

he is actually right..... 60 seconds to rotate turret..... :-p some tiger commaders didnt even bother (according to my memour book), they just rotated the tank itself...

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

I agree that realisticly speaking, turret speed is fast, but think of how annoying it would be moving your mouse back and forth until you were facing the correct direction... Also, to #1, incresed sensitivity will not increase turret speed, it will only increase distance the turret moves with each move of the mouse.

Also, yes there were slower turrets in WWII, but there were also (usually) much more infantry guarding the tank's rear, so the turret speed now is ok since you usually don't have twenty guys next to you helping you clear out infantry.

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Also to #1, haven't you ever been blown to pieces by one hit from an enemy panzerfaust? If those are not powerful enough anti-tank weapons for you, then there is no pleasing you.

Super Six Four

XWWII Historical Research

50 XP

3rd July 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Don't make the mistake of using the Tiger's turret speed as any sort of example. The Panther & Tiger II both used the same hydraulic system- the higher the tank's RPM the faster the turret turned. So it took them 18secs to turn 360. Most German, British and American tanks could turn 360 in 15-18seconds.