the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago
Super Six FourDon't make the mistake of using the Tiger's turret speed as any sort of example. The Panther & Tiger II both used the same hydraulic system- the higher the tank's RPM the faster the turret turned. So it took them 18secs to turn 360. Most German, British and American tanks could turn 360 in 15-18seconds.

That´s correct. The Tiger´s turret was the "slowest one". The Kingtigers, altough heavier, turned quicker.

Kodiak-CAN-

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago
the_moveThat´s correct. The Tiger´s turret was the "slowest one". The Kingtigers, altough heavier, turned quicker.

but the tiger drivers made up for the turret speed by rotating the whole tank since the tiger(excluding the main gun) is almost as wide as it is long(almost a perfect square) wherever it could drive forward into, it could almost turn around in the same space

[UGB]Brewster

GF makes me horny

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

99 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

Turret turn speed is pretty irrelevant, turn the damn tank! ;)

If you are shooting an enemy tank, you want your thickest armour facing it, no?

Spike1942

Work in progress

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

Normal powered traverse of the Tiger I's turret for a full 360 was 60 seconds. Its traverse speed was a takeoff of the tank's Maybach engine. So, if the engine rpm's were run up the turret could be traversed a full 360 in 19 seconds. This takeoff of engine power for turret traverse could only be done if the tank wasn't moving (gears in neutral).

MaskedBurrito

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

For those of you who like the balance as it is, good for you. I respect that. For those of you who disagree with me, I respect that too. I'm not going to sit here and put you down for your opinion. If that's the kind of thing that gets you off, then fine, don't adress me, kindly ignore my posts and go flame someone else. But back on topic, my grief isn't with the lack of infantry strength, but with the excess of tank strength. Even while rotating the turret, a tiger tank should not realistically be able to take down infantry on opposite sides the way FH permits. As I witnessed during gameplay. Sure in the real war tanks had infantry to back them but the lack of this tactic is not a gameplay issue it's all dependent on the users. If that's your argument then mine is valid aswell, since it's in the name of balance. But like I said, it's just my opinion. If you disagree with it, then I respect that. So keep the flaming to yourself. If you're not a flamer, then I apologize and ask that you disregard that comment.