hookahiko

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

10th October 2003

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Suggest WWII USMC Camo uniforms for Marines in the Pacific.

Also, One Flame Thrower per map would be good too. Highly volotile of course, one Japanese round could take it out along with anyone standing nearby.

I know this sounds cheesy, but as a former Marine I think it would be cool if BOTS came out to re-create the famous flag raising on Mt Suribachi everytime the US took the hill (Iwo Jima)!

And there ought to be a "Semper Fi" radio call somewhere (maybe instead of "we got em on the run"....)

(And "good job soldier" should be replaced with "good job Marine", or "oh-rah devil dog)

The Land-Based Corsairs could have MARINES written on the side of them, and rockets would be accurate too (for Iwo).

I'm getting carried away...

Cheers...

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

hookahikoSuggest WWII USMC Camo uniforms for Marines in the Pacific.

Also, One Flame Thrower per map would be good too. Highly volotile of course, one Japanese round could take it out along with anyone standing nearby. Cheers...

I agree with that.

About Iwo Jima, remember the 150.000 japanese killed in that action, for an island no more than 1 Km2... just an atrocity

hookahiko

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

10th October 2003

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

bmargbI agree with that.

About Iwo Jima, remember the 150.000 japanese killed in that action, for an island no more than 1 Km2... just an atrocity

You must know of 130,000 Japanese soldiers that were hidden somewhere, because there were "only" 20,000 defenders on the island. A mere 1,083 survived, but that's what happens when you raise an army of fanatics and launch a war of aggression on virtually everyone.

It was a nasty fight. But while I feel for the families of the young Japanese men who never came home from Iwo Jima and other places, I'll use my time to remember the allied troops who were killed or wounded (26,000 at Iwo) in the effort to stop the great Japanese atrocity of WWII.

Cheers...