simo_03

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

110 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

as alot of you guys probably already know, Valirisk is very biast towards the Germans. Russians hardley every win becasue the only way you can beat a tiger with a t-34 is from long range and to keep avoiding its shells, but up close your as good as dead and since you have to go into all the destroyed building to capture the flags, the tigers just pop-up on you and boom, your gone and had no chance. I dont mind about the tiger strength but ive just got some ideas so you can even up the two teams. First of all with the tanks, the strength of the tiger is not what a care about becasue at long range as i said befor you can usually destroy them. But you guys (the mod team) said you'd add more Russian tanks, but you didnt, you took away one of the t-24/85's and one of the t-34's. Even though you decreased the armour of the tiger and the panzer, the tiger can still wipe t-34's out with one shot. Russians only ever have on that map 4 tanks at one time. They need more by far, maybey about 8 with 3 t-34/85's. Tigers can easily demolish some, so if theirs 8 its fair becasue russians would have to work as more of a team to destroy the tigers.

Also with the panzerfaust100, it should not be in that map, again, since its such close fighting and there are so many wrecked buildings infintary pop up all the time and just shoot you with one shot from behind, and your dead. Since it is in 1943 the Panzerschreck RPzB 43 was in use at the time. and Since the Panzerfaust wasnt even the common AT weapons the R-Werfer 43 was. i think at least in Valirisk you should take out the Pazerfaust100. And if Panzerfaust100 AT men have a rifle, then i think that AT men on the allied side should have a rifle as well, because they usually did since the bazooka was a two man weapon up until about 1944. Im not saying you should make it a two man weapon, just give allied AT men a rifle.

With areo planes i think you should have them there from the start, not just when flags are captured, becasue germans always capture the flags first and then they just come along and bomb the allied base with the stuka and their ju-85 (i think thats the bomber im not sure) and destroy most reinforcements. Since the allied AA gun sucks big time you should have the allied YAK-3's spawn reguarly to intercept the bomber and stuka, and you should also make the flak guns more powerful since flak usualy ripped up planes, where as the flak in the game is just pissy, but then the germans AA is fucking so powerful and rip's planes apart.

This is a great game, but its just so unbalenced. If you fix alter just Valirisk and make Allied flak much more powerful, ill be very happy for now. But eventually you gonna have to balance up the teams or Axis will just always smash people and it will be no fun.

:feedback: :micro:

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

The allied AAA is powerful. One hit is usualy enough.

As for the rest. The problem is that the tiger has a super turbo turret traverse. It traverses iirc about 1/12th of the time it took irl when the t34 is at about 1/6th. Fair? no Reasonable? no Realistic? no Balanced? no. Same thing is that the russian 85mm is underpowered. At 30m from the front of a tiger it takes 17 shots and at about the same range from the top on the engine compartment it takes 2... Problem is that they have used different measures for different tanks.

Oh almost forgot, the russians shouldn't even have that AA gun. They had another basicly a copy but in 37mm instead of 40.

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Have a couple of Shturmovik bombers spawning at the Russian main base and have longer re-spawn times on tigers. That should do the trick.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Valirisk isn't unbalanced !

The games i was in the russians won 3 out of 4 times. So the Tiger has a strong cannon but it is FAR from invincible. That map is full of trees and hills, GET OFF THE ROAD MAN !!!!

And don't drive around like a target drone, the problem with many complaing about Tiger being too strong. You know a T34 can't go had to head with a Tiger, so get visual cover !

Valirisk tank battles for Russians are fought in the hills and trees, where you can outflank a Tiger unseen and kill it surprisingly quick. Especially if more T34 attack at the same time from diffrent directions. What works too is for a team of bazooka troopers making use of the trees to go unnoticed. I have seen Tigers destroyed in seconds shot from multiple directions in a tree line.

And if the Tiger is pontifically parked at a flag, you will have to wait for more T34 and attack together. No Tiger can handle 4 x T34 attacking at the same time due to it's slow reload. Sure, maybe 2 will die, but so will the Tiger. And this map has plenty of T34, if you take more flags even more......

Another mistake many players make is leave the base full of T34 and go on foot as AT infantry ( because they expect to have no chance against a Tiger anyway ) If players do that the Tiger can rule, since there is enough german infantry out there that kills AT infantry (too) easy, only a number of T34 can defeat it. Besides, the T34/85 isn't that weak. If you can get the first shot in the flank off without the Tiger seeing you, it is as good as dead by the second shot. As a Bazooka trooper you are vulnerable to anything, in a T34 only to Tanks and AT troops. That rules out being shot by regular infantry.......

The key in this maps is use NUMBERS of tanks to kill Tigers and use VISUAL COVER. And get over arcade bf1942.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

the russians could stil use some more armor with fast spawns.

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Beast of WarValirisk isn't unbalanced !

The games i was in the russians won 3 out of 4 times. So the Tiger has a strong cannon but it is FAR from invincible. That map is full of trees and hills, GET OFF THE ROAD MAN !!!!

And don't drive around like a target drone, the problem with many complaing about Tiger being too strong. You know a T34 can't go had to head with a Tiger, so get visual cover !

Valirisk tank battles for Russians are fought in the hills and trees, where you can outflank a Tiger unseen and kill it surprisingly quick. Especially if more T34 attack at the same time from diffrent directions. What works too is for a team of bazooka troopers making use of the trees to go unnoticed. I have seen Tigers destroyed in seconds shot from multiple directions in a tree line.

And if the Tiger is pontifically parked at a flag, you will have to wait for more T34 and attack together. No Tiger can handle 4 x T34 attacking at the same time due to it's slow reload. Sure, maybe 2 will die, but so will the Tiger. And this map has plenty of T34, if you take more flags even more......

Another mistake many players make is leave the base full of T34 and go on foot as AT infantry ( because they expect to have no chance against a Tiger anyway ) If players do that the Tiger can rule, since there is enough german infantry out there that kills AT infantry (too) easy, only a number of T34 can defeat it. Besides, the T34/85 isn't that weak. If you can get the first shot in the flank off without the Tiger seeing you, it is as good as dead by the second shot. As a Bazooka trooper you are vulnerable to anything, in a T34 only to Tanks and AT troops. That rules out being shot by regular infantry.......

The key in this maps is use NUMBERS of tanks to kill Tigers and use VISUAL COVER. And get over arcade bf1942.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about i see.

The tiger is incorrectly coded and the spawn times in comparison are jsut redicoulus. A t34-85 which was made in more than 10 times the amount spawns at the same rate as the Tiger. 1 shot from a t34-85 from the hill onto one of the tigers below would blow that up irl but that doesn't happen since the guns of the Russian tanks are underpowered. And there are a few other things. In the hands of a capable tanker the tiger is invincable due to its traverse. You can't flank it if it can twist around faster than you can shoot...

irishstag

forty-two.

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Valirisk is near perfect in my experiences. I've seen both teams win on that map, it's no harder for the Russians than for the Germans. Heck, I've played as Allies with only 1 flag captured (the north one, east of the river) and seen the team completely turn it around to the point that Tigers were getting owned before they could reach the south flag.

My only complaint is that there's not enough activity between the northwest city and the rest of the map; that flag is usually taken by a single infantryman who decided to hike a little.

Raw_Beef

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

One major flaw in this map is the design of the Russian airfield. The planes spawn on the runway, in front of eachother. The airfield is incredibly short, and there is a FUCKING MOUNTAIN AT THE END! A MOUNTAIN! HALF THE TIME YOU CRASH INTO THE MOUNTAIN! AAARGGGGGH!!

get rid of the mountain eh?

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

i have a suggestion go back in time and tell them dirty commies to make better armor

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago
TommyGunDalianii have a suggestion go back in time and tell them dirty commies to make better armor

LOL :lol: ! Seriously, the gun of the T34/85 really is underpowered.