Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Played a little today and over the weekend. Weekend was fun but today sucked ass because of overloaded axis side and spawn campers.

This brings me to a suggestion I have been working on: What would you guys and gals think about maps similar to Vasil (keep forgetting the name, the one with the ballancing issues allways talked about) and like DoD has?

Heres an example: Take the Vasil map and remove all people spawning outside the base. Theirfore use the progressive spawn system as before but include more bases maybe? So you have one spawn in the top centre, then one to each side that have to get capped first (but stay capped). And these are the only places you can spawn and get vehicles.

One thing I really loved about DoD was that you payed mroe attention because getting to the front was a bitch.

K,done. Unleash your fury.:wink:

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I think we need some pics because I never heard of this "Vasil" map, let alone played DoD at all. I mean, who plays Halflife these days? The graphics suck big woo woos and the engine is utterly limited (to infantry that is) so don't expect people to know what the hell you are talking about. Uhm.. no offense intended offcourse.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

yea dont automatically assume everyone has played DoD. not once did you ever mention anything about the map that a non-DoD player could visualize

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I think he is referring to Valarisk(Valirisk?). I think the only thing that map needs is a second route out of the basr so in worst case scenario the Germans cant camp the only road out of the Russian base.

On one occassion, and a day of lucky gunnery I and 2 other PzIV's wiped out 2 waves of Russian attacks and I was able to park the Tiger I in the middle of the road leading out of the Russian base. It was a field day and I was cursing teh 88's slow reload time.

Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Yeah, Anlushac11, think that is the one. Only once did the russians win. One dumb tiger driver was camping the top of the hill and after one wave he decided to repair. Then the allies had a tiger and we won our first game. Every damn FH map starts with 15 axis / 5 allie. By the time the dumb kids ballance teams the map is over, and the fun starts again.

For the others, DoD had a system were you would only spawn in your base. Allthough on some maps when you capped the centre flag, you spawned at a *base* closer to the front. This made you value your spawn a little more and resulted in people working as a team.

Now to the map idea: Big map, Allies base to the top-centre. This is the main and currently only spawn point. Supplies: tanks jeeps APCs Same for axis down south. Alternetly there are two more smaller bases at each edge of the map. But these can only be accessed after they have been taken. Supplies: Heavy tanks, bombers, planes, artillery

You can not nor do equipment spawn at any other flags. This will make you a LOT more dependent of engies, medics and team work.

Don't diss DoD if you have little or no knowlage of it. It was a bad-ass game for its time. AND it was a free mod just like FH. Allthough the 1.0 retail screwed it up. Damn CS kiddies that now come to BF.

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

What if there where no spawn points just main bases & small outpost like the Abandoned airport in gazala placed around the map, It would be interesting to play a map like Battle Of The Bulge with out all the spawn points, We would focus on holding stragtic points on maps like hills & such, Could be a good idea if it worked.

exdeath

GF makes me horny

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
judge reinholdyea dont automatically assume everyone has played DoD. not once did you ever mention anything about the map that a non-DoD player could visualize

I have a friend that say that DoD is much better than Battlefield!!!! He is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :silly:

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Why did you bump this old thread for that post?

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

2 days isnt that old but yea not really relevant

Mista-OverKill

I post to get attention

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

damn spammers get out!

@Nurenig: Well, I would still keep the flags since that adds some pressure to the game. Without them each team would sit near its base and wait for the other to come because they have a strategical and logistical advantage. If one side takes the flags the tickets for the other side would drop faster.

Think about tobruk. One side needs to take the flags and flush out the other side.

But no spawns at the other flags besides the base ones.