GuRu10

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I know lots of you won't agree with me but, I think that jacking the other teams vehicles should be REMOVED. It's probably the most unrealistic thing in the mod currently, I'm suprised it hadn't been said already.

How unrealistic is a guy flying a plane then jumping out over the enemy base and landing RIGHT over a b17/tiger/other imporant vehicle?

Now that I think of it... this might not be possible without an SDK...

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I do it every chance I get. I have been engaged as a Engineer with a tank and the tank guy jumped out thinking he was going to MG me to death and I juped in his tank drove about 20 ft away and turned and killed him.

I have been playing as a German and come around a corner and been face to face with a tank, thought I was already dead and whipped out the Panzerfaust thinking maybe I can get off the shot before I die and the noob jumped out of the tank and ran. I was shocked for a sec and then "ok...thanks!" and took the gift of a fully working tank.

If the team is working well aircraft dont usually dont sit around long and there were enough plane campers that a parachuters dont usually last long.

And there is a historical precedence of someone sneaking onto a German airfield and stealing a FW-190 early in the morning.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

i thought we already went over this. NO. for reasons went you capture an outpost with empty enemy vechiles. and the pilot class should lessen the rambo paratroopers.

GuRu10

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

226 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Anlushac11 And there is a historical precedence of someone sneaking onto a German airfield and stealing a FW-190 early in the morning.

Maybe a member of special forces of some sort, but certainly not a standard fighting grunt.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

too bad we ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
GuRu10Maybe a member of special forces of some sort, but certainly not a standard fighting grunt.

The incredible story of Colonel Bruce W. Carr, 9th AF USAAF. His first flight in a FW-190.

http://home.att.net/~cobrasnest/W.W.II/longway.html

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

i remember a while back there was a topic that said that you shouldnt be able to steal enemy vehicles because in real life, you wouldnt be able to figure out the controls, and after reading that story, i thought that instead of not being able to use enemy vehicles, when you get inside of them thre should be a wait period to simulate the driver/pilot figuring out the controls

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
ManiK_Impressiveinstead of not being able to use enemy vehicles, when you get inside of them thre should be a wait period to simulate the driver/pilot figuring out the controls

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Moving backward when he wants to go foreward, left when he wants to go right, unvoluntarely firing guns in the enemy base as he were a spawncamper so every enemy is alerted this is not one of them in that vehicle.....good one, lots of good laughs....

el bandito

Captain of jelly

50 XP

28th October 2003

0 Uploads

377 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
ManiK_Impressivei remember a while back there was a topic that said that you shouldnt be able to steal enemy vehicles because in real life, you wouldnt be able to figure out the controls, and after reading that story, i thought that instead of not being able to use enemy vehicles, when you get inside of them thre should be a wait period to simulate the driver/pilot figuring out the controls

Or until he kills a nearby enemy and steals the keys to the Tiger!

And only Engys can hotwire! :D

explamster

Flying Ace

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Perhaps they should only be allowed to steal vehicles that are similar to their team, i.e. jeeps and kubels, Higgens boats and Daihatsus.