Could someone move this into suggestions?
I could keep making suggestions for your website in there then :)
Anyhow, great updates so far, keep them up.
I would suggest loweing the resolution of the thumbnails or reducing the ammount displayed per page.
Also it would be nice to have dated pages or sections so you know when new screenies have been added. Maybe use the ALT tag to pop the dates in? Though I would prefer to have it at the top of the page as its easier to see rather than having to move your mouse over. Less work too ;)
The colors look great but the downside is that the detail is lost on those pictures at that size so reducing them in size even more may be problematic :(
You could have mouseover and a colored thumbnail come up. Just pop these in cache when the page loads. If the ammount has been reduced per page it shouldnt be that much of a hit. Would look the dogs bollox though :)
Great layout though and love the design. Just have to take those 56k'ers into account :)
ye, heh i tried to cut down some size factors but not too much because well... most FH visitors (assuming they play BF) would be faster than 56k. But still it must be good for everyone i guess. Im taking a bunch of suggestions people tell me about the little things that could make the site better. I won't be able to change it now though because im still updating a lot of the site's contents (not just the news) daily. But yeah, i feel your pain, ill see what i can do...
You dont need to feel my pain as I have ADSL :)
I used to have it though and remember the load times I used to have :(
Damn, I cant edit my last post :(
Another thing I noticed was the long loading times for the pictures even with ADSL.
Looking at the file sizes they are around 550kb on average. Half a meg for a 56k'er would take a while. I imagine they would cancel before it finishes, I used too :)
If you optimize the JPG's between 40-50 you can still get high quality pictures but with a huge reduction in load times.
I have done a quick compression with the HortonH0229 picture. Originally the file size was 612KB. Using optimisation at 50 I got it down to 152kb.