GeronimoGer

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Since snipers are a basic option in BF42, I miss them in FH.

Swe_Flying_Frog

The Frogs Will Invade By Air

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

They were not as common in WWII as in Vanilla BF, but there is sniper kits that you may pick up ;)..

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

they are in FH, just you cant select them.

they are in pickup kits scattered around hte place, where you find snipers (windmills e.t.c.) you find sniper kits, press G BTW if you didnt know.

welcome to the forums.

GeronimoGer

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
'[TC|Quebec'they are in FH, just you cant select them. they are in pickup kits scattered around hte place, where you find snipers (windmills e.t.c.) you find sniper kits, press G BTW if you didnt know.

:) thx, didn't know that...

Chu-Ko-Nu

Lord Of KubelDeath (TM)

50 XP

16th December 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

It's sorta nice, though... No more will people be mown down by a wall of snipers.

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

i still play vanilla bf wake island just to sit at the hill on the inner side of the horseshoe, across from the landing beach, and snipe unsuspecting noobs all you can see is a sillhoute :P. good fun

Tsuruchi Brian

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I rather liked Day of Defeat's solution to "the sniper problem" (when the whole team is snipers). Counter-Strike has a sever case of this problem, thats why I don't play it anymore. Dod basically just made snipers suck. (not exactly) The only difference between sniper rifles and assault rifles is that they are slightly more accurate and their rate of fire is much slower (not the case with garand sniper). They shouldn't do more damage just because their rate of fire is slower (like most games do) Sniper rifles use the same ammo (.30cal or 7.92mm) as many other guns. The strength of the sniper doesn't come from having the weapon that does the most damage if you get hit. It comes from being hidden, and the enemy not being able to kill YOU. Not from you being able to mow down everyone in a firefight using mad skillz. In DoD if you know where someone is, even if they are far away, it's usually easier to just hit them with a BAR, MG42, or STG44 than with a sniper ifle. So everyone pretty much determined that sniper rifles suck in DoD (Which they do for most people) I think this is an excellent approach. Whenever you have a gameplay problem like "everyone is using sniper rifles" just ask yourself...."why doesn't everyone just do that in real life?" is it because they are really expensive? is it because sniper rifles aren't that good in real life? In real life you're much better off with an assault rifle or SMG in 99% of cases thats why people don't use them. I would just like to flame CS some more before I go. It's so stupid how you see a whole team with AWP's jumping around trying not to get AWPed. and running places with their knife because when you run with a knife you can go faster. (keep in mind you are still carrying allthat shit regardless of which one you are using) Gayness