Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

Did i just read someone thinks he can survive molten metal plasma of over 2000 degrees centigrade entering the fighting compartment ????? ( shaped charge weapons like the Panzerfaust )

Or if a kinetic tank grenade failed to penetrate completely the pieces of metal breaking off the inner armour and acting like shrapnell inside the fighting compartment ??? ( regular AT or HE rounds )

Or what happend most of the time, a round penetrating the armour and hitting one of the stored rounds in the tank ( tanks were litterally stuffed full of rounds, not only in the holders ) wich was followed immidiatly by a violent explosion, often sending the turret ( weighing tons) spinning in the air.

And only some russian tanks had diesels.....the rest of WWII tanks were quitte ready to burn when hit in internal fuel tanks.......shermans and panthers had notorious reputations because of that.

MOEHAHAHAHA !!!!

I know some lucky crew survived.....but most of them did not !

Lt. Havoc

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

my beef is this... it renders the wrench fairly useless if your tank is destroyed in 1 hit 98% of the time. The only ones who ave a chance to repair are the tiger whores. Since everything is so lethal why have the wrench at all.

I've gotten kills with the rifle by merely having ANY part of the cross-hair on the enemy. I like the more encouraged use of rifles but the lethality of them and the generalized aim means you no longer need has much skill to wield a rifle effectively.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

Well, you don't really die of one hit THAT often. Mostly you do, since usually it's weak tank vs. heavy tank at short to medium range head-on, so it's certain that the weaker tank gets killed with one hit, no matter where it lands. But if it's heavy tank vs. heavy tank or even heavy tank vs. 1 or more medium tanks at medium to long range, that's when the wrench really DOES come in handy.

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

What exactly is a Tiger Whore? Someone who drives a Tiger and repairs it? I'm sorry but seeing as that is a perfectly legitimate tactic in the game I hardly think its fair to go round calling people Tiger 'Whores'. I dont think the Germans in WW2 thought, 'Ah it musnt be very nice for the Allies, what with having inferior tanks to us, maybe we'll just stop using our Tigers today to give them a chance to win against us'. Not very likely is it?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

The fact that a tiger can be repaired in the time it take to load a zook is bullcrap. I was playing a round of kursk yesterday, and every time I'd nail the treds or turret of the tiger to make it smoke, his gunner would pop out and repair it to full health by the time i loaded another rocket!!

Tommek

I hate arcade!

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

Take your Pistol and knock him off :rolleyes:

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

...not when he's 100m away, sourounded by other spawning germans, and behind the tiger. I was prone on that hill overlooking the log base. The tiger was right at the end of my range. I would have had no hope in hell of killing the engy (who was using the hull gun when he wasnt repairing)

To kill him I would have had to: -Shoot the tiger, so he came out to repair it, -run down the hill, avoiding the pnzer4h and stug3 at the bottom of the hill, and the constant stream of about 5 or so infantrymen running around, snipeing or spawning. -run another 25 meters to the tiger -sprint around to the far side where the engy was repairing it -get lucky and kill him before he spots me and put a k98 round into my frail body.

all this before he finish repairing the tiger (wich takes about 10 seconds) and not getting seen by running directly in front of about 7 guys.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

ever try to "steal" his tiger?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

-_-*

it was the tiger's GUNNER who was repairing. as in the tiger was manned by 2 people. Also, do get anywhere near the stupid thing, i would still have to accomplish all of the above.