I hate arcade!

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago

McGibs

To kill him I would have had to: -Shoot the tiger, so he came out to repair it, -run down the hill, avoiding the pnzer4h and stug3 at the bottom of the hill, and the constant stream of about 5 or so infantrymen running around, snipeing or spawning. -run another 25 meters to the tiger -sprint around to the far side where the engy was repairing it -get lucky and kill him before he spots me and put a k98 round into my frail body.

all this before he finish repairing the tiger (wich takes about 10 seconds) and not getting seen by running directly in front of about 7 guys.

Sounds like a job for Superman. I think its alright that you failed.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

Yeah, but his point was that repairing the tiger shouldn't be easy 1, 2, 3. I agree with him, it's MUCH too fast.

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago

If you had a stug and a pz4 or whatever you said at the bottom of the hill, why didnt you try taking out them instead? Sure the Tiger is probably gonna be the biggest threat to your team, but other tanks can be just as dangerous. One time on Vasilirisk I managed to hold back the Germans at the North bridge for about 10 mins with only a Pzr 2 and my trusty engineer kit. Mines on the bridge kept other tanks back, the Panzer 2 shot to pieces anyone who tried to cross the bridge. Killed about 20 soldiers before they finally got me :D Anyway my point is although the Tiger is the king of the battlefield, you shouldnt ignore other tanks in your tank hunting expeditions.. Harry

Tommek

I hate arcade!

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago

Yep, THe tactic is to knock the supporting tanks out.

robert_x

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago

Thanks for the replies.

Tommek and McGibs: I don't mind dying :), but I prefer to die with a sense of realism. That is: after giving my best in combat. I have to agree with Lt. Havoc here...that's exactly what I mean. Currently, you can point your gun on virtually any body part of the enemy and take him out. No skill needed whatsoever. FH oughta be the ultimate challenge, but, unfortunately, it's not (yet?).

One additional fact that has to be taken into consideration, is that FH is an artificial environment (duh!). For instance: to my knowledge, most of the tanks in WW II were accompanied by grenadiers or equivalent. They provided protection against enemy infantry and warned for nearby enemy tanks. This gave an average tank the necessary support to survive combat, even against superior tanks. None of these things exist in BF or FH, since BF is no real teamplay-game; everyone just wants to do the thing he's best at. So, tanks are on their own most of the time and thus are more vulnerable than was the case historically. To compensate for this, I think it's fair the tank crew has a decent change to survive a head-on confrontation with an enemy tank. Also, the Germans were always the minority party in WW II. What they lacked in manpower, they made up for in armor. In FH, however, the team balance can be screwed easily, giving the Germans both impressive tanks and lots of infantry. These things decrease the possiblity for the enemy to stay alive a certain amount of time. Therefore, I think it's reasonable to have a better change to survive FH combat, so you can actually win based on skill and not on who has the biggest gun!

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago

Yeah I agree with the topic starter guy.

Problem though is when something needs to kill in one hit but dosent. That crappy unusable POS allied AA comes to mind. I hit a Me262 today direct hit I saw the crosshairs flash. The thing smoked black but kept flying. MY BUTT it would keep flying. That thing would be ripped apart. Any other plane I actually hit which is about in in 400 shots because that AA is so damn bad, never dies. It just smokes and the pilot bails. The german AA gets kills all the time. Allies need the same thing. The allied AA is just so damn terrible I cant put it into words. Wake is a JOKE, they don't have a chance against Jap air and Jap ships.

No one bothers to use the AA because they know it wont do any good against those insanely fast Zeros. And if you DO hit, which is very very rare and only happens if the plane is diving directly at you (in which case you have 1 second to live -- dont even try to tell me you own at it because I have only ever seen ONE person use one and that was to shoot at infantry)it dosent kill the plane!

I am ranting here, but I have to get the point across. The allied AA is a horrible disgusting joke. And given the Axis and Jap planes which are incredible machines, and the allies with ground-based machineguns doing no damage to planes and their AA too slow to hit them, the Axis freakin own every air map. This NEEDS to change for the sake of fun and balance and realism. We didn't lose the war, so we had to have been doing SOMETHING right. Please include whatever that was in the mod.