kamikaze SGT Chaos

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th June 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

OK this is the situation im having trouble getting around, So i can release the mod, as a working version. Ive created a new mod folder, set up the init.ini, copied all the files from the bf1942 folder to my mod folder, apart from bf1942's init.ini, I extract the objects.ini to a desktop folder to edit it, and recompile it using winrfa. I can put it in my mod folder, replacing the objects.rfa, Yet it does not work, Yet if i put it in the original bf1942 archives folder, it works..

Am i missing something to get it to work in my mod folder?

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Have you changed the GameID in the menu/init.con file of all the maps you want to include to your mod's name?

kamikaze SGT Chaos

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th June 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

gameid?

when the init.con was created (modwizard did it, its part of the Battlefield MDT) it created this

game.CustomGameName PureChaos game.addmodPath Mods/PureChaos/ game.addModPath Mods/Bf1942/

game.setCustomGameVersion 1 game.setCustomGameUrl "http://purechaos.darkbb.com" game.setCustomGameInfo "Death, Destruction and Madness"

is the gameID somewhere else?

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Yes, open a map with winRFA and look for (example):

Bf1942/Levels/Berlin/Menu/init.con

There should be a line of code somewhere saying:

game.setMapId Bf1942

Extract that particular file, change 'game.setMapId Bf1942' to 'game.setMapId PureChaos', pack that file from the map (no other files needed from the map, just that one) into your mod and Berlin should now work with the mod.

kamikaze SGT Chaos

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th June 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

ok ill try that...