HyPER_OxyGENated

Chopper Fanatic

50 XP

12th August 2005

0 Uploads

128 Posts

0 Threads

#41 14 years ago

is there a map out there for dc/dc_final thats like black hawk down (somalia) with bots?

deftond

Covert_Commando

50 XP

30th October 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#42 14 years ago

you guys are nuts, you wouldnt be able to play bf2 anyhow.....you have dial up....do some searching and youll find real good mods.......in the section where all the mods are on www.bf2.com

-aFh- Gen.Fatcat

I just got nOObed

50 XP

20th September 2005

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#43 14 years ago
Bandit75Ya, please post the ip addy for the server. I live in Longview TX so I will give it a try. ALSO, the dang DC file from file plant is also plagued with that stupid decompression error in the sound file. sheeeesh!

**This runs DC FINAL 207.210.217.34:14567 image.png **Runs Normal Bf 207.210.217.146:14567 image.png

Jeepster

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th January 2005

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#44 14 years ago
Bandit75Does anyone know how to edit the DC mod maps in battlecraft? When I open battlecraft, I choose to open level. Then it askes me to choose a mod. The only option here is bf 1942, no DC. Any ideas?

If you just want to edit the vehicle spawns or make more spawn, open the map with winRFA and edit it that way. It's the easiest and quickest way to do it. If you want more detailed instructions, PM me.

I've given the DC Helicopter AI a cursory glance and can't see anything wrong with it. I'll look in more detail later. DC uses the AI from vanilla BF1942 for infantry (behaviours). Weapon & Vehicle AI are seperate. If anyone wants my tweaked AI for BF1942, PM me.

@HyPER_OxyGENated: Where in Perth are you, dude? I'm in Hamersley (near Balcatta) at the mo...

@Deftond: Dude! How long ago did I make that avatar? I thought you liked the animated one better.

[COLOR="Red"]BF1942 will never die!![/COLOR]

HyPER_OxyGENated

Chopper Fanatic

50 XP

12th August 2005

0 Uploads

128 Posts

0 Threads

#45 14 years ago

Jeepster, im in winthrop. but err i dont know where hamersley is.

what exactly is in your "tweaked" AI for bf1942? and just play (dc)battle of midway or something and just watch them fly the helos. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!

Jeepster

50 XP

9th January 2005

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#46 14 years ago
HyPER_OxyGENatedJeepster, im in winthrop. but err i dont know where hamersley is. what exactly is in your "tweaked" AI for bf1942? and just play (dc)battle of midway or something and just watch them fly the helos. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT!!!!

As I said, Hamersley is next to Balcatta (North of the River), not far from Joondalup.

My "tweaked" AI is modification of their behaviours. I hated the way the bots would just stand around when my flags were being captured, so I made them more aggresive and a lot less lazy. My finest achievement is their Kamakaze attitude :D They smash into you and each other a lot more now.

I'm converting the Goblin from SWWWII to heli (flight controls), using the DC AH64 Physics and AI. I'll have a closer look at the AI of the AH64 and the Cobra AI from BF:Vietnam. The bots seem to fly those heli's ok.

HyPER_OxyGENated

Chopper Fanatic

50 XP

12th August 2005

0 Uploads

128 Posts

0 Threads

#47 14 years ago

Yeh they seem to know what they r doing in bfv but the 'engine' for the helos in bfv is different. *They have auto-hover.* meaning that they don't drop when u release the controls. That will probably affect they AI, right?

Jeepster

50 XP

9th January 2005

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#48 14 years ago

You're right about the auto hover in BF:V, but it's also in BF1942 as well. The Flettner in the Raid on Agheila. That doesn't drop. So I actually might use the physics from that. Nice one, thanks :D

I just checked and unfortunately, the Flettner doesn't come with AI. Not to worry. I'll work something out and let you know how I've gone.

The mod I'm working on, Midnight Hour is the combination of BF1942, Road to Rome & SWWWII. All the maps, vehicles and weapons combined, and yes, all battles are at night.

HyPER_OxyGENated

Chopper Fanatic

50 XP

12th August 2005

0 Uploads

128 Posts

0 Threads

#49 14 years ago

oh i didnt know cos i don't have SWWWII or road to rome. Although i do have the desert combat mod for original bf1942 and thats where i know the helos. They don't have auto-hover in there, you see. Only the uh-60 blackhawk has it and it tends to tip forward a little so its not really 'hovering' as such.

Jeepster

50 XP

9th January 2005

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#50 14 years ago

I've been working on the helo's and I've reached the tentative conclusion that the auto hover has something to do with the torque settings. AH64 torque is .1, Flettner torque is 13.

Got the goblin hovering nicely :D just haven't managed the vertical takeoff bit yet. Might have to check out DC's Harrier...