SirOsis

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

22nd May 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I'm interested in removing the crosshairs from some of the weapons in game. Do I need to edit the con files or is there some other way. I'm new to this but would like to know if this type of thing is possible.

Flakpanzer

Official Forum Spoiled Kid!

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

I'm guessing this is for a mod, or something, right? Are you making a mod, just wanting to play a mod without them, or what? (Not that it makes any difference, I don't think, but it helps to know)

SirOsis

50 XP

22nd May 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Basically what it would be for is a mod for 3d stereo users. BF looks great in stereo except the crosshair is in 2d and sits on the same plane as the HUD. This is not good for stereo. It confuses the eyes and makes any accuracy in aiming more difficult. If there was a way to turn off the crosshair it would be better. I'm assuming it is possible. A 3d crosshair would be quite cool if someone has an idea how to make one.

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

what do you mean by 'stereo', to me stereo is an audio configuration that consistes of two speakers or two audio 'channels' like headphones

SirOsis

50 XP

22nd May 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

I mean 3d stereo using 3d glasses. I've been looking into the crosshair problem a little and I could turn off the HUD and the crosshair would disappear. Not totally acceptable since the HUD is important in bf1942.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

He means 3d stereo glasses they use a shutter technology quickly turning on and off each lens so that it creates a out of synch effect. Your brain tries to compensate so it creates 3d effect on a standard monitor.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Yes I can see where your aiming would be totally screwed with a 2D crosshair and 3d game. BTW which stereo glasses are you using SirOsis?

As for removing the cross hair, I think merciless replaced the existing crosshair with their own crosshairs so it should be possible to replace the exisitng crosshair with a "null' crosshair, suggest contacting Merciless ppl and asking them how they did it, maybe they will help.

AK

:smokin:

SirOsis

50 XP

22nd May 2004

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

I saw the Merciless crosshair changer but it doesn't have one with no crosshair. I think I have figured out what to do though. I can edit the Objects.rfa and change the SetCrosshairType to CHTNone for certain weapons where I want no crosshair. As I understand it this should work. I'll still have the HUD but no crosshair. I will have the laser sight from the Nvidia stereo drivers which should allow me to aim. I guess I won't see the crosshairs expand due to recoil though. I'm using the Edimensional 3d glasses. http://www.edimensional.com BF looks quite nice with them. The major problem for me is with the crosshair. As for those considering the glasses. It works great for some games without tweaking but others you need to tweak to get it to work decently. In FPS it may not be the best thing due to more difficulty aiming. Flight sims and racing games actually look very nice. If you have an ATI card forget it. Nvidia is really the only player when it comes to 3d stereo. Forgotten Hope looks good too!