Custom spawning? -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I have created a map that has three battle ships on the Allied side, but both BattleCraft and Battlefiled only sees one of them as having spawns. Same with multiple aircraft carriers. I can use all three battle ships, but only spawn on the first one created. Is there anyway to get BF to use multiple ships of the same design and have those ships as spawnable? I added a pic of an example to what I mean... two battleships and only one is "spawnable"... also notice that the spawn points are not actually on the ship, but between them. It will always spawn you on ship one though. Thanks, cc-vortex http://www.collectiveconspiracy.com

KoOkiE

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th July 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

i have had this problem myself some time ago, the idea is that these ships are partly hardcoded. it's weird, but if you look at the internal object spawns you seem to have two types of fletchers, allowing you to spawn two different ones on one map. in order to make this work you need to make a mod out of your map, adding objects folder/files that define your second/third/.. ship. you simply copy the existing objects files and change the name of the spawnable item. i hope you get the idea.

you don't have this with tanks and other vehicles, since there's no spawnpoint on them.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

Ug, ok, thanks. I was really hoping to make a Pearl Harbor map, but it would be really gay to have one batleship and one destroyer in it. :(

KoOkiE

50 XP

30th July 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

not to disappoint you or anything, but pearl harbor has been made about 6 or 7 times already.. you could check out how they did it. www.bf1942files.com

TheFornicator

-=|CT|=- Ownage

50 XP

2nd July 2004

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

well i know how they did it in Battlefield Pirates : the galleons are all the same, but just have different names in the game but also in the StandardMesh, so if u anna have severall ships, then u have to do the same thing, that is to say open their files in gmax or so, and then save it wit another name, and then put it in your map and in BC Hope u'll get it... :P

KoOkiE

50 XP

30th July 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

you don't actually have to rename the meshes, just the coding of the vehicle

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 13 years ago

When you say "just the coding of the vehicle", what exactly do you mean?

KoOkiE

50 XP

30th July 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

it's like creating a new vehicle ingame, but you use the same coding like the original one. to do this, like i said before, you copy and paste the files used for the first boat, rename the object you are defining and thus creating a new object with the same meshes, controls, skins, ...