editing weapon characteristics -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

ok I'll try to make this as quick and painless as possible. I am trying the edit the properties of the weapons in DCFX. How do I do this without disturbing the object.rfa and thus making the game multiplayer incapable?

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago
guest1;3835746ok I'll try to make this as quick and painless as possible. I am trying the edit the properties of the weapons in DCFX. How do I do this without disturbing the object.rfa and thus making the game multiplayer incapable?

Umm, you can't?

So you want to make your weapons more powerful than everybody elses, that's cheating if you were trying to do that. But even so any changes to the files will render the game unplayable on MP, that's the whole point of the system, everybody has identical weapons, identical maps, identical vehicles, identical everything. Even if your changes were neutral in effect, or even negative for you against other people, they would still not be allowed.

AK

:smokin:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

well, I meant that I would try to change it mapside (outside the object.rfa) so that multiplayer games would not be effected. It would only change single player. I tried to get help from the creators of DCFX but they couldn't give good tech support. They said there is a way to plug an object directly into the level's .rfa archive so that only that mpa would be effected and so that the change wouldn't be referenced from the object.rfa.