UGSAce

Webernet Law Enforcement

50 XP

26th July 2005

0 Uploads

1,993 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

well you can either edit the map or you can download sandbox .04 and spawn what ever plane you want and a series of other things

Spartan-517

The Arbiter of Insanity

50 XP

11th October 2006

0 Uploads

121 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

where can I find sandbox .04?

Spartan-517

The Arbiter of Insanity

50 XP

11th October 2006

0 Uploads

121 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

I did some research on this Sandbox .04 but all I can find is it for Battlefield 2, I want to add aircraft on to the Carriers for Battlefield 1942! thanks for replying though.

cdogmn

BF2 And EA/Dice=We Loose

50 XP

2nd January 2007

0 Uploads

398 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

witch game???

kamikaze SGT Chaos

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th June 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

its rather simple now that i think about it.. ive got like 2 b17's and more on my carrier for midway...

Heres how to do it. First you need a RFA extractor.. sorry i dont have the link where to get it. but its called "battlefield mod development toolkit" extract Objects.rfa to a directory where its easily accessable.. open the directory and browse your way to the Enterprise directory.. its in vehicles/sea/ Open Objects.con file with notepad and look for "EnterpriseComplex" take a look down where it says ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Enterprise_sbdSpawner ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/21/-110.999 ObjectTemplate.setRotation -13/-12.7/0 just copy and paste these lines to add how many planes you want. Just dont forget to change the "setPosition" value so the planes do not blowup. Heres a reference for the numbers 250/250/250 the 1st set of "250" is left to right. 0 is smack dab in the center, -250 goes left and positive 250 goes right. the 2nd set of "250" is the height positive is up, and negative is down. This part is crucial as if the planes are lower than the deck. they will blow up on player entry. and the 3rd set of "250" is from front to back of ship. Positive being the front and negative being the rear.

now with "setrotation" the 1st set is left to right, X angle, negative being left, and positive being right. 2nd set rotates the "plane/car etc" on the Y angle, which is front to rear negative going down and positive going up and the 3rd one is tilting on the Z axis.. negative is tilt to the left, and positive is to the right.

If you want to change the planes. Simply do the following. Copy the following section and rename "SDB" to what ever you want, ex b17 ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Enterprise_sbdSpawner ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/21/-110.999 ObjectTemplate.setRotation -13/-12.7/0

Your "objecttemplate.setpositon and setrotation" will be different. ive set my b17's to spawn in the center of the enterprise with the angle to allow for ease of takeoff Now go down and look for

rem *** Enterprise_sbdSpawner *** ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner Enterprise_sbdSpawner ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 sbd ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 sbd ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay 10 ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 25 ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 120 ObjectTemplate.Distance 200 ObjectTemplate.spawnOffset 0/0/0 ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1 ObjectTemplate.team 1

No need to copy this just need to change it. Where it says "sbd" change it to b17

Setting the spawn delays, min and max.. change the amout of time the b17 takes to respawn..

When the B17 spawns on the enterprise it will be a little off to one side.. and would be quite hard to take off...IF you do not change the position and rotation to the mentioned numbers above

Ive got about 6 planes, 2 katyusha's a kubel and a kettenkrad on my enterprise.. 2 of my planes have sonar...:eek:

Dont forget the references.. as it can be annoying not having the "objects" alligned properly. Speaking from experience..

Spartan-517

The Arbiter of Insanity

50 XP

11th October 2006

0 Uploads

121 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

thanks for your help.