treinier

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th May 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hi, i hope someone can help me with this, becouse i have just spent 4 hours on creating a map! i made it a CTF and coop map with 2 main bases and one flag that can be captured. For the rest i didnt make any spawn points. Now when i try to launch the game, it seems to start up, but it never does... I've had this happening before, but there was always a obvious selution to it, for instance that i had 2 axis bases and no allied bases. But now i have one axis base and one allies base( with both 2 spawnpoints), and for the rest only cached opjects.. this seems very weird to me.. Does anyone know a selution to this problem, i would hate to remake it. grt.

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

hmmmm, if u are using custom skins make sure that in the init.con u have said that there in the right directory. if u r using custom objects take them out. but if u havnt try backing it up somewere and delete EVERY object spawn. that probs wont work, but ya no... everythings worth a try and as i say, backup ur map first, if u still get problems, send me the map and ill try and fix it hope this helps

treinier

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th May 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

thanks for your advice, but i have deleated everything, exept the surface map, which i dont know how to deleat. Still the game won't start up with this map in its files. I am using no mods or self made skinns or anything.

cheese ON toast

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

21st June 2003

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

you have something seriously wrong with your map Id extract it and using another known good map go through all the con files to see whats wrong. and make sure you havnt lost or deleted a file you need

Does the map still load in bc.

ps only remove spawn objects and static objects. not the terrain map etc.

just noticed if its a co op map have you got special map made for the bots to use.

You might also find that it dosnt like the fact that its not got a conquest mode. BF looks for that first before you can change to ctf etc

treinier

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th May 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Ack, i made a mistake in my first post, my map is playable in TDM CTF and CQ, i dont know how to make it a Coop map. confiles. i dont see anything wrong with them. Could it have to do with me using the oldest (i think battlecraft 1.0) battlecraft? i have very slow internet, so i dont think i will get the newer version soon...

treinier

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th May 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

hm, i found out that it probably has to do with the CTF option i chose, because i cant start up any map i make with CTF. Could someone give me a short guide to make a CTF map work ? or how to delete the option in my map ?