Sgt. Baker

Sgt. Hartmann is my hero.

50 XP

11th June 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I've been putting together a small mod for fun just to play around with the engine, but I still haven't figured how to put textures on new objects. I've imported the models and eveything and have the skin in the textures file, so I get this M-16 that is gray and has no texture whatsoever. Where do I go to tell the engine that it has a skin for it and what does that part look like? Help would be great.

cactuskooler

50 XP

14th July 2003

0 Uploads

242 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

You have to have your texture applied to your model when you export it. When you get your .sm and .rs files look at your .rs file. It's should say something like when done correctly

subshader "aktest_Material0" "StandardMesh/Default" { lighting true; lightingSpecular false; materialDiffuse 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235; texture "texture/ak47"; }

Yours should say what ever your texture is called not ak47 though.

Then just put your texture in the texture.rfa and when the game reads the .rs file it tells it to go to the texture.rfa and looks for the ak47.dds file.

Since your not getting any texture yours probably says something like this

subshader "aktest_Material0" "StandardMesh/Default" { lighting true; lightingSpecular false; materialDiffuse 0.588 0.588 0.588; texture "texture/notexture"; }

good luck