Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I was playing a DCF coop server the other day and I noticed some neat server side mods. One that I thought was cool, was a bullet tracer enhancment. The frequency and size of the tracers were definatly increased. Does anybody know how to make this a client mod so that I can play it on all servers including PB enabled servers? Is there an existing mod that is already out there? If there is could you please tell me were and how to get it? Is it easy to change this, or is it a big job? Thanks in advance! P.S.- if you dont know ... . . please dont reply EG. " know I dont know how "

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

The correct answer is not, "I don't know how" but, "it can't be done". You can't change the behaviour of the obects or look of the objects on your computer and play on a Punkbuster enabled server that doesn't have those same files/modifications. To play on a Punkbuster enabled server the client computer must be running the same game files as the server, that's the part of the reason for punkbuster enabled servers, to stop ppl replacing skins, sound etc on the client that would give them an advantage over other players whose computers didn't have the same modification.

AK

:smokin:

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

I have a couple client side mods that work on PB. How would a sound mod give you an advantage

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Because, for instance, you can replace the sounds that a german vehicles make with much louder sounds so that you can hear them further away etc, giving you an advantage over the other players. Of course I am not saying that you are going to produce mods that will give you an advantage, but simply that allowing this sort of thing gives the hackers and cheaters an easy entry point for cheating etc, so DICE made it so that EVERY computer using a mod had to have the same mod. You can do just about anything to BF (within the capabiities of the game engine of course) as long as the servers and the clients all have the same stuff.

Of course there are server side mods that affect all the client computers, but that's the same thing, ALL the client computers bahaviours are adjusted in the same way.

It's a decision made by DICE as a strategy to reduce the number of cheaters

AK

:smokin: