spyhntr123

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

17th May 2004

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I used to be able to just unzip mods I downloaded, and run the installer, now its like i unzip it, and it doesn't give the .exe it just has some readme files and the original zip file again, I cant figure out how to get the installer to run. This happens with Action battlefield, the patch for the great war, the turbo mod, etc. Idk why I cant just unzip them and run the exe. I think it has something to do with this thing WINACE i downloaded for a trial, but now its like I have to do everything manualy, and I still cant find the .exe, I unzip it, and just get the zip file again? What am I doing wrong? Im using winzip.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Have you tried adding ".exe" to the file after you decompress it? Try right clicking on it, and add ".exe" to the name. Then click apply. That should work.

cjwoolf2009

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

7th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

OMG!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Latley whenever i try downloading a mod, movie, or just a regular zip file it never works. I was just about to restore my computer, but then i added .zip to this one file and it worked! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!