joeyhathorne

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd June 2005

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Hey guys, i dont know if anyone uses this anymore but i was wondering if someone could tell me how easy it is to take certain planes or guns from different mods and itertwine them with one another to make 1 ultimate mod? and how do i beggin to do this?

GenRommel

WTF and IS Mod Dev

50 XP

6th May 2006

0 Uploads

331 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Note: YOU NEED THE AUTHORIZATION OF THE MOD DEVELOPER TO TAKE CONTENT FROM ANY MOD. IT IS ILLEGAL TO TAKE THE CONTENT FROM A MOD WITHOUT SAID AUTHORIZATION.

Well, in my opinion, it would be pretty easy, but first you would have to get the permission from the people who made the mods you are going to take content from in the first place. Assuming that you have permission to take the content. You will need to transfer the files you want from the 1 Menu_client.zip 2 Objects_client.zip 3 Objects_server.zip.

then is the mod has anything in these folders, you will need to transfer that to. 1 Common_client.zip 2 Common_server.zip 3 Fonts_client 4 Menu_server.zip

And I think that's it.

I'm going to warn you one more time, taking or copying content from a mod that you don't have permission to take content from by the developer of that mod is illegal. SO DON'T DO IT! I will not be held responsible for any content that you took from a mod that you were not authorized to take.

Any other questions?

der_zixed

Need A Dispensa Here!

50 XP

18th July 2006

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

GenRommel you got the wrong game, and he doesnt need authorization if its a personal mod that will not be distributed, but its always more polite to ask. so basically either you can rip watever you need from that mod(the hard way), or you can just go into your init.con in the mods/(youmodnamehere) directory. For example this is from Desert Combat Final Extended Joint Arsenals

game.setCustomGameName "DCFX" game.addModPath Mods/DCFX/ game.addModPath Mods/DC_Extended/ game.addModPath Mods/DC_Final/ game.addModPath Mods/DesertCombat/

just put game.addModPath Mods/(watever mod you want aslong as you have it installed)/

GenRommel

WTF and IS Mod Dev

50 XP

6th May 2006

0 Uploads

331 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Oh, ya, sort about that, I've got a bad habit of doing this, sorry again.

joeyhathorne

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd June 2005

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

i am not sure what you mean? so if i have the mods installed then all i have to do is make paths to the vehicles, weapons etc and they will work in mine?

der_zixed

Need A Dispensa Here!

50 XP

18th July 2006

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

no just make a custom mod path to the mod

joeyhathorne

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd June 2005

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

i will be honest man i have never touched a mod program or edited this game in my life so can you popint me to some kind of tutorial or something?

BumbleBee

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th August 2006

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

You will need the MDT and lots of time to read tutorials.

Battlefield Mod Development Tools

good luck

joeyhathorne

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd June 2005

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

hey i got the mod dev tool can you point me to some tutorials?