I need help about object placing. -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 15 years ago

Well first i'd like to say hello to every on this forum! I'm Chris, and Im a avid Battlfield player like you all! I decided to get into the modeling aspect of the game and give that a chance. So I opened Battlecraft and followed the tutorial untill I came upon placing objects. as I went into the add new object were there's a list of objects but I cant see it's picture and when I select one. nothing shows up in the "Chached Objects" can someone help me with this please. Thank you very much for your time:) -Chris

Ensign Riles Advanced Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,537 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,480 Posts

1 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Battlefield 1942 Mapping and Modelling Forum This forum is specifically for questions/comments on the forums themselves. :) For some reason not all objects become visible in the viewer, I don't know why though. You just kind of have to guess...

ScOrPY Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

*Thread moved*

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 15 years ago

But when I select them, even if it doenst show in the viewer, it doenst show in the Cache objects so I cant even place anything.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

That's because BC uses model samples from the standardmesh.rfa. You will have to extract this .rfa, include the .sm and .rs, then pack it again, and then you can see it in BC. Also, make sure the paths in the .lst file are correctly.. and offcourse the object needs to be included in your map, otherwise it won't show up ingame.

crusinmatt69

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th December 2004

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

hey i just started map makin and i already got sum probs if u can help plz emial: [email]matt_in_da_net@hotmail.com[/email]

u dont have 2 answer them all if u dont no them but dont answer just help with the 1's u no.

thx u

1.how do u delate objects? i remember reading sumthing about spacebar but it doesn't work.

2.how do u turn an object? i dunno how 2 turn an object theres a turning thing in object menu but its complicated there like axis turn allied turn and sum other weird shit.

3.when u use the flatnning tool in terrain making how do u adjusted at different hights? like 1 time i pressed it and it made a really tall mountain and another time i made a mountain then i wanted the top of the mountain to be flat so i used the flatning tool and it made a hug hole!

and if u can can u also help me with map installing?

1. when u get a map where do i put it?

2.do all maps need a setup?

3.if u dont have 2 install it is it just when u put it in the rite folder it'll work straight away?

just overall with map installing if u can help me u will be my personal battlefield idol ty plz help

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

1. select the object (click near the white slection tag, click it when it turns red) and hit delete

2. In the top bar there is a button with 3 colored shapes (square, rectangle and a cirlcle) just right of a button with a grass icon on it. This is the object tab, select an object and the pannels with arrows in the top panel below it will ungrey itself and become active, click the button that reads "X" and now you will turn the object on the X axis.

3 Go with the square to a piece of land of the right height, hold control (the square will turn blue) and click. It will know use this hight and applies it to all the ground you will now level.

4. Go to the folder where you installed bf1942 (its in the EA games folder unde program files) , open the map 'mods' , then 'bf1942' , then 'Archives' and then 'levels' you will see a buncj of .rfa files wich are the maps. The direct path to this folder is: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels

5. How do you mean? just put it in the levels folder and you can select it ingame under 'create server'...

6. yes.

Please read the FAQ, the tutorials and the guide that ship with BC, it answers all of the questions you asked above about mapping. Acces them by going to 'help' in the top right of BC or open them manually by going to the battlecraft folder.

KoOkiE

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

31st July 2003

0 Uploads

45 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

about editing objects, like delete, move, turn, you need to remember that when you place an object it has been locked. to unlock all objects on the map hit backspace or hit the little icon to the right, it looks like a small glass snowball (if you know what i mean) try it out