Captain Blade

custom user title

50 XP

16th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,403 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

In the Desert Combat mod there is a stationary AA rocket system called "SA-3". If you're not sure what I am talking about here is a picture in the spoiler:

Spoiler: Show
SA3.jpg

Know how it works? Right-click missiles just go by themselves, but the left click missiles, you drive them to the target.

I wanted to edit the ones you drive to have unlimed gas... you know.. there's a bar on the bottom left of the screen when you're driving it that goes all the way down in like 10 seconds then blows you up... I don't want it to blow me up I want it to last forever...

Thanks for the help guys! Oh and don't worry, I have the editor and I know how to use it and even found the stationary weapon... you just need to tell me where in the files I need to edit this to get what I want... In the list it's under land vehicles and it's called SA-3.

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

You should search the Objects.rfa archive located in Archives folder in DC mod folder contents, located in "your bf1942 installation directory"\EA GAMES\bf1942\mods\. Use WinRFA which comes with Battlefield MDT to unpack the .rfa archive, then search for a folder with a similar name to the one of your desired weapon. It may be located in some sub folder. Once you find it, there should be an Objects.con file located inside of it, open it with a notepad. You'll see the weapon's code, search it for lines responsible for the projectile's self removal. I think that simply deleting everything responsible for it should work, but it'll probably be safer to just change the timing. Once you're done with that, there are two things you can do to bring the changes into the game. You can save the file in the entire archive folder and then pack it back with WinRFA into DC's files, permanently changing the weapon's functionality, or you can just take only one folder containing the changed code file (packed in same sub-folders structure, just without other objects) and pack the Objects fodler with it as Objects_001.rfa, given there isn't one already, if there is call it _002 and so on... This will work like a patch, if you remove this additional archive from DC files the modification will stop working, and the original settings will be brought back.

Captain Blade

custom user title

50 XP

16th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,403 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago
pvt. Allen;3559429 You'll see the weapon's code, search it for lines responsible for the projectile's self removal..

That's kind of what I was doing already... I was hoping someone would know exactly what to do to make this rocket's fuel last forever.

Thanks anyway though.

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Well, I'm not into DC mod but I suppose it's all similar in bfmods. It shouldn't be hard, I've never used exactly this property for any object, but I suppose it comes donw to finding the correct line. Sorry, but I can't help any further as I no longer have bf42 mdt installed and enver played DC.