Captain Blade

custom user title

50 XP

16th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,403 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I'm editing some in bf1942 with the BF1942 Mod Developer Toolkit and I want to edit the bar so that there is no reload animation. I like it to be like this: Lets say the bar shoots 30 bullets then needs to change magazine, so the 30 bullets are gone and its in the process of changing the mag, but I can't see him doing it, he's just holding his gone as if nothing was happening.

Thanks for help.

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Hmmm.....you'd probably need to make reloading animations that are completely blank for it to work properly.

Captain Blade

custom user title

50 XP

16th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,403 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

How would I do that? Then where would I put them and everything?

ty

Captain Blade

custom user title

50 XP

16th July 2006

0 Uploads

1,403 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
Could I do that using gmax?

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Mmmm, dunno, I tend to reuse existing weapon animations then tweak them in GMax rather than creating new ones. You could try but I really suck at modelling and animating so I may not be the best person to help you there.

Archimonde0_0

In Vino Veritas

50 XP

28th August 2006

0 Uploads

1,231 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

uh......Well The Guns in the Game run off of Animations that are linked to animations called Skeleton Animations like for the BAR its skeleton Animations are bar1918.ske/animations i believe is the right name. I believe u can remove these by editing the ObjectTemplates.con file in a map, problem is i believe removing the the animation and the guy wouldnt even be holding the gun. Hed be sitting there with his arms crossed the default of the BodyMeshes and the gun probly would be floating off somewhere. I dont believe this is possible. You could change the reload time to 0.1 and then you could fire forever and ever...but i dont think the animations can be removed...i could be wrong...but i dont believe so.

pwn3r1001

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th November 2006

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Well you can try animation but that takes too long. Just go to the objects.rfa and unpack it with something like WINRFA. Open the objects folder and search for hand weapons. Then bar 1918 for example. Open the objects.con file with microsoft notepad will do. Where it says... "ObjectTemplate.reloadtime 4" Change the 4 to whatever you desire, in your case it would be 0. I've tried this and it does show the reloading still but thats because it autoplays the animation. Just shoot right after you press "r" and it should show the 30 someodd bullets and you would be able to skip through the entire reloading process.:)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 12 years ago

Newbie here. Is there someone out there tired of playing? Hehe suppose not but would you know anyone who plans to sell their account? Saw [COLOR=red]oloot.com[/COLOR] and their prices are pretty good. But I want to compare.