I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to make a negative supply depot so that when it spawns, it kills all the objects I want to remove upon it's spawn.

I've tried for a long time now, even asked a few people on IRC but they come to a complete standstill too.

What I want with this code is, for my map EasyRace_II, to remove the hidden walls around the map once the finish have been captured, this I want to happen because then people can fly over my map without bumping into the walls(same for EasyRace_v2, just need to get it working first).

I, along with some other guys have come to the conclusion that a negative supply depot would be the best alternative, thus when it spawns it kills the walls and then the flying can begin.

First off, I want to show you the code for the negative supply depot, it works when I changed the name to stratosvigi(Stratos for the Vigilante side in Interstate 1982, a mod for Battlefield 1942);

Objects.con; rem *** RaceWallKillzor *** rem ObjectTemplate.create Bundle RaceWallKillzor ObjectTemplate.saveInSeparateFile 1 rem ObjectTemplate.hasCollisionPhysics 0 rem ObjectTemplate.hasResponsePhysics 1 ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo RaceWallKillzor_LoLInfo

rem ------------------------------------- ObjectTemplate.addTemplate RaceWallKillzorPoint ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/0

ObjectTemplate.create SupplyDepot RaceWallKillzorPoint ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo RaceWallKillzor_LoLInfo ObjectTemplate.radius 9999 ObjectTemplate.team 0 ObjectTemplate.addVehicleType HiddenRaceWallz -1 -10000 0 ObjectTemplate.workOnVehicles 1 ObjectTemplate.workOnSoldiers 0

Network.con; NetworkableInfo.createNewInfo RaceWallKillzor_LoLInfo NetworkableInfo.setPredictionMode PMNone

I included that network file to make the debugger happy, it complained about lacking info from network.

next, the walls I want to kill, I have yet to get them working;

Geometries.con;

GeometryTemplate.create StandardMesh hiddenracewall GeometryTemplate.file racehugewall2 GeometryTemplate.setLodDistance 0 0 GeometryTemplate.setLodDistance 1 100

Objects.con rem *** HiddenRaceWallz *** ObjectTemplate.create PlayerControlObject HiddenRaceWallz ObjectTemplate.NameTagOffset -0.1/-0.1/0 ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo HiddenRaceWallz_BodyInfo ObjectTemplate.saveInSeparateFile 1 objectTemplate.cullRadiusScale 4.0 ObjectTemplate.setHasCollisionPhysics 1 ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0 ObjectTemplate.hasDynamicShadow 1 ObjectTemplate.explosionRadius 0 ObjectTemplate.explosionDamage 0 ObjectTemplate.damageFromWater 1 ObjectTemplate.drag 1.5 ObjectTemplate.mass 9999999 ObjectTemplate.hasArmor 1 ObjectTemplate.speedMod 1 ObjectTemplate.exitTimer 0.75 ObjectTemplate.hitpoints 300000 ObjectTemplate.maxhitpoints 300000 ObjectTemplate.material 45 ObjectTemplate.criticalDamage 29999 ObjectTemplate.hpLostWhileCriticalDamage 7 ObjectTemplate.explosionForceMod 0 ObjectTemplate.GUIIndex 67 ObjectTemplate.addTemplate racewall ObjectTemplate.setVehicleIcon "Vehicle/Icon_willy.tga" ObjectTemplate.setVehicleIconPos 75/60 ObjectTemplate.setPrimaryAmmoBar ABNone ObjectTemplate.setCrossHairType CHTNone ObjectTemplate.setVehicleCategory VCLand ObjectTemplate.setVehicleType VTScoutCar ObjectTemplate.setMinimapIcon "Minimap/minimap_icon_none.dds" ObjectTemplate.setToolTipType TTScoutCar ObjectTemplate.hasRestrictedExit 1

ObjectTemplate.create SimpleObject racewall ObjectTemplate.setHasCollisionPhysics 1 rem ObjectTemplate.setHasResponsePhysics 1 ObjectTemplate.geometry hiddenracewall ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo HiddenRaceWallz_LoLInfo

Network.con NetworkableInfo.createNewInfo HiddenRaceWallz_BodyInfo NetworkableInfo.setPredictionMode PMLinear

NetworkableInfo.createNewInfo HiddenRaceWallz_LoLInfo NetworkableInfo.setPredictionMode PMNone

As you can see, something is not right since it is not working and I have yet to see to get this working, it would make a really good feature, being able to remove the walls once the flag is captured.

What I get from this code now, is that once I have spawned, the walls die withing 6 seconds, even before I have captured the flag(I know since I have attached that minimap icon, helps me know if they are there or not).

What is wrong in the code, can anyone see it? I would really apretiate if anyone could share some light over this problem ;-D

TheFlyingCorpse

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

bah, seems like I posted in wrong forum. I havent been on this forum for a very long time so I am sorry bout posting in the wrong forum.

and here is the proof of it;

Welcome, TheFlyingCorpse. You last visited: January 7th, 2004 at 08:19 PM Private Messages: 0 Unread, Total 0.