Jeepster

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

9th January 2005

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

If you're talking about editing the objects.rfa, texture.rfa & other .rfa files in your main BF1942 folder, I don't recommend this. Especially if you want to play on line with Punkbuster enabled.

If, however, you're talking about copying said .rfa files into a new directory, it is advisable to start off with the Mod Wizard, then copy the .rfa files you want into the newly created mod folder so it looks like this: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\ultimate_destruction\Archives\objects.rfa" etc.

You can then edit these files without any harm coming to your original .rfa files.

The only other thing I can think of that might be stopping you editing BF1942 is your install. Do what I've instructed above. Then unpack the "Objects.rfa" into a working folder. Navigate to: "Objects/HandWeapons/Bar1918/Objects.con". In this .con file, which can be edited with any text editor such as Notepad, you will see 2 lines like this:

ObjectTemplate.magSize 20 ObjectTemplate.numOfMag 6

Change them to:

ObjectTemplate.magSize 100 ObjectTemplate.numOfMag 1

Repack your Objects folder to Objects.rfa

Run BF1942 and choose "Custom Game" > "ultimate_destruction"

Load up a Desert map, eg Gazala, and spawn as an Allied Assault troop. If your Bar1918 ammo count is 100, everything is cool. If not, then you have the same problem as me: Your copy of BF1942 won't let you mod for it. I don't know why.

I have a theory tho. Do you have your copy installed on an 80g HDD?

Techwreckie

You will address me as Sir!

50 XP

11th November 2004

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Nope, It's a 160gb hd. I wasn't editing the bf1942 files themselves, I copied the entire mods/bf1942 folder and renamed it to mods/ultimate_destruction