Professor_Smith

Editing so you don't have to..

50 XP

27th February 2006

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Hi, I have created my own mod (which took me about 3 & 1/2 years to make on my own). Well, I used different programs to automatically scan and create AI pathmaps for Bots, but some of the levels I used those programs for, were simply too complicated, and the bots would just stand around, not knowing where to go. Then, I would have to use completely black pathmaps just to get them to move, and either they'd only jump into planes and fly around, or they'd be running off and driving off cliffs, as well as into buildings, etc. I was wondering if there is a program with which I could do just that; program SPECIFIC PATHS (and actions if possible) for the bots to follow throughout those complex levels, so that the bots don't seem like morons. I want them not only to know which bridges to cross, which cliffs not to walk off, etc., but to have them run up the stairs of a multilevel building, etc. Please Help, Professor Smith

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Running around in multi-level buildings = very difficult, and I can't think of any programs that actually facilitate that. When I've wanted to do tricky pathmapping stuff the best way I found was to convert the pathmap into the terrain textures of the map and paint the pathmap in a map editor...fiddly, but the only real way of managing it.

Chickenonastick

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st May 2003

0 Uploads

258 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

You can find more in-depth AI editing information and tools at this AI resource.

www.battlefieldsingleplayer.net

Good luck!