Gale_Force14

Addicted to GF

50 XP

4th July 2004

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok, how do I soften the edges on either of these two objects in Gmax? Also, on the pistol, how can I tighten up the frame, so it isn't so boxy?

cactuskooler

50 XP

15th July 2003

0 Uploads

242 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

To soften the egdes you use the chamfer feature. Convert you peice to editable ploy since it has more modeling features than editable mesh. Then under the selection rollout click the edge button. Select the edge you want to soften and and click the little button to the right of the chamfer button. A window will come up. Move the spinner and see what happens to the edge you selected. When its where you want it you can leave it there or click apply and change the spinner again until it's where you want it and your edge will get softer. Not sure what you ment about the frame thing but I think you need to scale the boxes down on one axes.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

please post your esults when done, I would like to see.

Looks like a Space marine bolter and a Land Raider.

Gale_Force14

Addicted to GF

50 XP

4th July 2004

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Dead on. They're for a mod I'm making for BF:1942 with a few poeple (pssst: We really need help, feel free to join http://s4.invisionfree.com/Battlefield_40k/ ) Actually, the small one is a Bolt pistol, and you got the land raider right. Thanx Cactus, your advice worked. I posted pics of The Boltpistol so far (its the small one) and the Actual Bolter that I just made today. Oh, and the land Raider is on hold for a while, seeing as w want to get a Marine and Bolter released, to spark interest and hopefully wrangle up a few more people.