NightFly

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th May 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I'm very new to modding this is my first mod I've ever tried to make and it's for Single player use. So far it's coming along well, but got 2 problems I need help with. 1- I've added a scope to M14 don't ask me why, just felt like it :) but the scope isn't acurate at all. When I shoot looking through the scope bullet ends up way higher or way lower than it should be. Just wondering how to fix this so the bullets go where I'm aiming. 2.- I also want to change the strength of some guns, and can't figure out where to go to edit that. Is it under objects/effects, then find the type of ammo I want to make stronger or weaker? And if this is the right spot I'm looking what line of code is the strength of the ammo? As I'm new to this and don't understand the effects coding. Need a good example to look at if possible. Thanks.

NightFly

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th May 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I just solved problem #1 but still need help on 2nd problem

Old Gonorrea

MJARR Teh mighty Pirate

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

285 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Youl need to moditify "game" file (game.rfa for example), there are damage systems and that kinda things, but im not good neither (i have only modded few times)

NightFly

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th May 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

K thanks I'll try that

cheese ON toast

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

21st June 2003

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Effects code is just that. Special effects. It has nothing to do with damage system at all.

To change the damage a weapon does you need to change the projectile and or projectile material its made of. The gun doesnt do any damage, the projectile does.

But be careful the material id of projectiles can mess up a lot of things.

try changing a plane machie gun (normally 213) to say the same as tank guns and youll see what i mean (think 234 or top of my head)