Gameaholic50

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I am making a new vehicle for the game, and I have modeled it completely and edited the .con files as necessary. As far as I know, the vehicle itself is working properly, as I can view how it would be constructed in game with the MDT tools in 3DS Max and everything looks right from that perspective. The problem is that I can find no way to make it spawn in a map (I chose El Alamein for no particular reason). I unpacked the map RFA file, edited the object spawn template .con file in Single Player so that the APC object spawn produces my vehicle, and then repacked it, but when I load up the map nothing spawns at the point. Is there any way someone could help me with this?

In case it makes any difference, I am using version 1.6 of the game.

cheese ON toast

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

21st June 2003

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Sounds to me like a model problem. Either the model/s is at fault or the geometry.con file is at fault. As a rule if its a code fault the game will crash. Do you have the model in a mod or is it map specific. If its just on the one map you will need to add all the model files to the map rfa along with a pointer in the init file to run the model code etc.

Gameaholic50

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

The vehicle is part of a separate mod, along with the El Alamein map file with the Object spawn edited.

The game does not crash, and the map loads fine. It's just that no vehicle at all spawns at the point I edited.