RainMan

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd August 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hey im trying to find the answer to this and noone seems to know so here it is,about 2 months ago I went on a chinese server and they had the map Aberdeen on it the diffrence was they had all the tanks in bf on it chi ha etc.....I did not d/l this map from fileplanet or anything do you have any clue how this was done as I am trying to get this on our server...

Eagle One

:-D

50 XP

22nd December 2003

0 Uploads

2,992 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

it must of been a server side mod... im not sure how u go about it... but thats what it is

RainMan

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd August 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Ya anyone have a idea how to go about doing this???

LairdThunder

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Here is how to do it two different ways, one is simple on is not as simple. First the not so Simple:

Open the map rfa and look into the conquest/TDM/CTF folders.

Open the file called "ObjectSpawnTemplates.con" This is where all vehicles are defined. It should look simular to this:

rem ----------------------------------------- rem --- tiger_Spawner --- rem ----------------------------------------- ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner tiger_Spawner ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 tiger ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 tiger ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay 10 ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay 20 ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0 ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 45 ObjectTemplate.Distance 40 ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 10 ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 1 ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 0

rem ----------------------------------------- rem --- APC --- rem ----------------------------------------- ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner APC ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 m3a1 ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 m3a1 ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay 10 ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay 20 ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0 ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 45 ObjectTemplate.Distance 40 ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 10 ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 1 ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 0

No look at the "SetObjectTemplate" lines this is where you tell the game what vehicle to spawn there change the vehicle name to the one you want. Save the file and repack the rfa.

The simple way would be open the map in BattleCraft and Edit the ObjectSpawns in the object tree at the left of the screen. Just expand ObjectSpawns and double click each one and change the team objects to what you want.

RainMan

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd August 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Laird do you have xfire or msn messenger?

cjwoolf2009

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

7th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Didn't work for me :(

LairdThunder

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
RainManLaird do you have xfire or msn messenger?

I do, come find me on Thursday with MSN.

RainMan

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd August 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

MSN name??

LairdThunder

50 XP