Pickerel

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

159 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

--Hi everyone, this is Pickerel from the Surreal mod. The combined effects of astronomy and physics classes have caused me to come up with a mod idea. The tentative name for this mod is Satellite. The basic story of it is this:

--A small habitable moon with an environment much like Earth’s is orbiting around a larger uninhabitable planet. The people on the moon are coexisting fairly peacefully, until one day an asteroid slams into the northern region of the moon. The moon is knocked out of its high orbit and into a much lower one, where the planet’s gravity distorts the moon’s atmosphere. Most of the people on the moon are killed and for a few hundred years most people are just trying to survive.

--The atmospheric distortion has made it thick in the south, nearest the planet, and thin in the north, leaving only about a third of the moon’s area desirable to live in. Add onto this the ocean which circumnavigates the moon in a broad band around the equator, and there is only about a fifth as much desirable territory as there was before. Now that the scattered groups of people have finally managed to achieve some stability, they all want to get that land. In the year 317AI (After Impact), a minor dispute between two groups over their territories sparked the beginning of a war…

--This mod is currently planned to be built for Battlefield 2. However, there may be some alpha development on Battlefield 1942 or Battlefield Vietnam. To even proceed with this work though, I need people who will work with me. Currently all I have helping me is Rylasasin, a mapper for Surreal. I’m looking for pretty much anyone willing to help me. If you want to help, then please contact me!

Pickerel

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

159 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

--Hi, it’s Pickerel again for Satellite. This time I am here to talk about the first team I have started working on for Satellite.

--This team is the Desert Coalition. This group inhabits the large open areas of the Great Southern Desert. They are made up of many nomadic groups united under a leading council. Since they are nomadic, they have little in the ways of fixed bases. Most often their military command in a region will be in a ghost town or hidden in one of the dead forests that are scattered around the desert. They do however have a few permanent bases in critical places, such as their industrial sectors. However, their own weak industry means that they will provide some of their logistical support from capturing enemy equipment and supplies.

--The next thing I have is a model of the Desert Coalition’s Kestrel Light Tank. The Kestrel chassis, wheeled and lightly armored, will serve as a base for a few more of their vehicles, but right now it is in use only for a light recon tank. This tank is armed with a 37mm antitank gun and a 12.5mm machine gun, both controlled by the driver. There is a second position from which someone can spot for artillery. This is designed to be a light scouting and harassing tank, and should not be used against most other heavier tanks.

--I still need a lot of help for this mod. People of any walks of modding, please contact me!

emmanuel

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

18th January 2005

0 Uploads

118 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

sit s "cosmos 1999" tv serie your idea isn t? be sure moon vehicle don t seem to that !!! look about jet pack wher the 6 less gravity http://home.att.net/~mak3000/mdls.html some models here