Aradae

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2006

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

ok now can someone give me a more simplfied way to skin my bf1942 game and not the TC's. Basically what I mean is how do I use that rfa exracter and NET dev from microsoft. plz tell me thank you very much

R y z o r

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

26th May 2006

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Ok, well here goes. Open the WinRFA program, hit File>Open.rfa then pick your map from the levels folder. Now hit Extract>All and extract your map to your desktop. Open your map from the desktop and in the main map folder (bf1942/levels/yourmapname) make a new folder called "Texture" without the quotes of course. Inside this folder place all your skins. Inside the main map folder there is also a file called Init.con. Open it and a paragraph or so down you'll see something that might look like this: textureManager.alternativePath Texture/Europe add this line right under it: textureManager.alternativePath ../../bf1942/levels/yourmapname/Texture After you save and close the Init.con file, open winRFA again and hit Pack>Directory. Browse your desktop and open bf1942/levels then click on your map. Or just put C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\bf1942\levels\yourmapname if you have only one account on your pc. In the base box below the directory, put bf1942/levels/yourmapname Hit back and open it in battlecraft. BTW: every time you resave your work in battlecraft, the Init.con file will auto-edit itself taking out the path to your skins. So the last thing you should do before you test your level is change the init.con file again and save it. Good luck, hope this helps. EDIT: er...this was how to skin a map if that's not what you want then sorry:naughty: