pheeph

A Lagomorphic Over-achiever

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I was trying to make a bootcamp map for the FH mod, but the only thing that's stalling the map making is modeling signs intended for this map. It looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=49878&stc=1&d=1148099582

I tried following whatever steps are necessary to turn these 3ds max models into battlefield models. Unfortunately, when I was looking at Battlecraft to find the sign I made, I saw it listed but it doesn't show. Is there an expert mapper/modeler for Battlefield that can help me?

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Okay, if BC won't show the object it's probably because it can't find the .sm and the .rs files. Have you packed them into the StandardMesh.rfa file?

pheeph

A Lagomorphic Over-achiever

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

yeah I did. The .sm and .rs files were packed into the standardmesh file along with the others. The way the object files of Geometries.con and Objects.con were written confused me. When editing the .lst I was confused how the object in question was activated (aside from getting listed).

Commie

The elusive Member 132837.

50 XP

23rd December 2005

0 Uploads

1,850 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Okay, you'll probably have noticed how to stick objects in the .lst, objectname=StandardMesh(smfilename) Objectname is the name of the object. Make sure that in the brackets it has the name of the .sm file, so if it's sign.sm, then sign=StandardMesh(sign) Of course, substitute the correct names. This any help?