Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

It seems like everybody that doesnt know how to code ( including myself ( just never have time - I have tried a bit )) always has ideas for mods for whatever game they may be playing at the time. Most of the mod ideas that I have observed are actually MAP ideas, player kit configurations or skins. I have a S*y job ( very good pay but very very very boring ) and its so boring that I always catch myself daydreaming. This is when I come up with my ideas. I have to say first off is that the more I play BF the more I appreciate it. Its fun to watch people get blowen 50' into the sky etc. but, if this game is played by experienced people it leans towards a tactical shooter. How many times have you been playing on a good server and the game play is sooooo good that you are almost willing to call in sick the next day just so that you can keep playing? Anyhow, blah blah blah here is the idea! My idea is the foundation for a mod, meaning that it could endless possibilitys. I just provide the idea. The idea: When players work together, there skills are increased. eg. FH ---- FH has field guns. If one person is shooting, the accuracy and reloading time is normal. Now, along comes somebody from the same team and ALSO uses the field gun. Now the field gun has 10% more accuracy and decreased loading time. How about if you are sniping ( hate em' )and another player also joins the sniping. The sniper would gain more accuracy and the visible distance ( anme tags ) that another player could see would increase. sniper normal --- 100% accuracy -- name tag visable from 100 yards ( meaning viewed from opposite team ) -- view distance normal ( bionocs/scope ) sniper with spotter ---110 accuracy -- can see name tags from 110 yards -- view distance + 10% Another idea! 'MISSLE VIEW'. For those of us that completly suck at ARTILLERY bombardment. I know that a missle view, even if its a small window on the hud ( could briefly replace the mini map ), could cause some graphics issues ). I think that the community should re think the term 'mods'. Welll ............. what do you think?

(LPB)Quicksilver

Gunna own yer butt!

50 XP

24th February 2004

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Good ideas!!! Im trying to do some things in Modding but i am not started yet.

cheese ON toast

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

21st June 2003

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

As far as I'm aware there is no way to code your idea.

Thats not to say my answer isnt the final word, but I'm not bad at coding, being the coder on two mods.

Jay7219

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

6th January 2004

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I would also like to see an artifical horizon like they have in BFV. for all of the aircraft. I think that would be good. The key that WE as a community are looking for is BALENCE. Balence for both sides, but also balence for the game. When does a game go from being a game to a simulation? Some games have so many options that they are to hard to play unless you are Chuck Yeager