Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

After 3 hours of playing:

The Good! Sounds are spectacular. The MC touch really did a good job. With the exception of a few very annoying plane sounds, the entire thing is great.

Tiger. The turret really does move incredibly slow, making it almost like a Stug. Good job on that.

Maps. The ones that don't CTD on connect are really pretty cool. In particular, the Polish map Fall Weiss.

Tank Sights! Wonderful addition, they absolutely rule.

Deployable 88s. Really cool and they work great.

Deadliness of SMGs / Pistols at close range. MUCH better then .5, I love it now because SMGs are being used over rifles.

New rifles, ESPECIALLY the Mosin. They all look and sound great.

Planes! Realistic and awesome. Dogfighting is now a challenge. Great job on this.

The Not So Good!

No.4 can fire 10 rounds in 6 seconds, the rate of fire does not at all synch up with the reload animation and is ridiculously fast for a bolt action rifle.

Anti-Tank weapons. I think the team got a case of overcompensation. The weapons are nearly impossible to use now. I watched a man put 3 PanzerScreck rounds into the back of a Firefly, and it wasn't smoking. I think there's some issues with this. Bazooka-type weapons shouldn't need the insane innacuracy. On maps like Gold Beach, the axis dosen't have nearly enough armor to defend against the Churchills and Firefiles, and the PShreck sucks now, so its a 3 hour spawn rape with axis getting it up the butt.

Rifles take a little too long to center on the target, and when they do, they are still 100% pinpoint accurate.

End

Great release devs. I'll go back to playing now. Remember, this is just MY first impressions, so they are subject to change.

Leo-The-L337-Llama

Not Funny

50 XP

11th June 2003

0 Uploads

407 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I would love to give first impressions...only there are no .61 mirrors posted and the only one I can find is fileplanet, which has a 140 minutes wait....so I can't play.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
Leo-The-L337-LlamaI would love to give first impressions...only there are no .61 mirrors posted and the only one I can find is fileplanet, which has a 140 minutes wait....so I can't play.

Well I gave mine of just .6. I am downloading .61 right now from here:

http://www.limitless-hosting.com/ForgottenHope/

Try that link.

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Well I'm not impressed by a 0.6 download, and on the same day a 0.61 fix too. After all the wait and hype, why not just release a a 0,61? Sloppy, just plain sloppy. Enough of the manegement gripes. I Like it! My hat is off and I take a bow to the Dev team! Ecellent, sheer brilliance! Only the noobs spoilt my first game, they keep running in front of tanks/amoured cars? so I got an autokick for -kills. Not a good start I admit. But I do hope the same noobs do the same in real life and reduce their gene pool of idiots still further!

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Waiting your analysis about the balance of maps. Now we need the sugestions of the players to improve this mod.

humantycoon

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th February 2004

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I agree, the anti tank wepaons are useless now. When I was playing someone stole a tank from our base I had a panzerfaust I hit him directly on the side and he didn't even smoke. I think they should change it back to 1 hit kills for the panzerfaust.

Grahf

Please fix knee mortars

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

"The Tiger. The turret really does move incredibly slow, making it almost like a Stug. Good job on that." Err..... Both the Tiger I and Tiger II used electronically-powered turret rotation, this made their turrets capable of rotating much faster than most other tanks in WWII (including most Panzers) due to the fact that most tanks required a wheel to be cranked by hand in order to turn the turret. Also, since the FH team is trying to show off the "realism" and "historical accuracy" of their mod, the anti-tank weapon issue is also not accurate. In real life, Panzershrecks and Panzerfausts were literally one-hit=one-kill weapons. Both of these easily penetrated nearly all enemy armor, and virtually guaranteed that either crew members would be killed, or that the tank would be knocked out.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
Grahf"The Tiger. The turret really does move incredibly slow, making it almost like a Stug. Good job on that." Err..... Both the Tiger I and Tiger II used electronically-powered turret rotation, this made their turrets capable of rotating much faster than most other tanks in WWII (including most Panzers) due to the fact that most tanks required a wheel to be cranked by hand in order to turn the turret.

Heh, no. Tiger a long time, over a minute I think, to do a full rotation. The Tiger II was pretty fast though

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

yada yada, first the pfaust is a noob weapons, now its a useless weapon. can't please anyone

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Here are a few suggestions. On maps with the SVT-40, I'd give the SVT to the engineers and give the Mosin Nagant to the assault class since the Mosin has a rifle grenade modelled for it and the SVT doesn't. Also, what is an IS-2 doing in Prokhorovka (a 1943 map)? But, I'm sure it's a placeholder for now. I can't wait till you guys get the KV-1 and some SU tank destroyers ingame.

Also, I like Valirisk a lot more now that it's more balanced, but here are a few things I didn't like.

The watchtower spawnpoint in the Soviet main base is still there. I think everyone agrees that it's a pain in the ass and needs to be removed.

There's no officer class. This is bad, especially for the Soviets because they can get a couple of Katyushas and need an officer class to be able to really put them to use. I suggest swapping the close range class for the officer class.

Another thing I noticed is that the MIG-3 fighter planes spawn at the Soviet main base disabled and on fire. They blow up a few seconds after spawning. I've seen the same thing on Berlin Outskirts with one of the IS-2s and I've heard about it happening to Defiants on Gazala and El Alamein.

These are all fairly minor bugs and suggestions. The mod overall is great! :thumbsup: