Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I aplogise in advance if this has already been asked (and I'm sure that it has), but I don't have the time to wade through the hundreds of posts regarding the release of 0.6.

My Question:

Is there a server only release 0.6?

Is it available for download? If so where? If not where and when?

Thanks for your patience.

Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

not until it's released, you'll have to get Sidbo to contact Aces so we can get the Xtra server up and running early.

{Jgd}Kirov

Super Noobified Uber Weapon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

154 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

if by server, i assume you mean the client version released on a public "server" such as fileplanet or fpscentral- it will be available for download saturday, around 1900 GMT. as for the where i think there are as many as 22 mirrors that will be posted on the main site. if you want the actual server version for say a gaming network i would pm the devs.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I am meaning the server patch as in a 100Mb file as opposed to the 1.2Gb file.

I have already downloaded the client but I need to make sure our local server admin has the smaller file so he can upgrade the server to 0.6 without having to use the client file.

Sorry for not being clear.

{Jgd}Kirov

Super Noobified Uber Weapon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

154 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

i would definately be talking to an dev on that one, i'm sure they can get you what you need. private message, email, or icq prolly best. edit: this was a quote from the question and answer session today: As far as we know... yes. We *think* the server version is already available on 'fragthenet' but the people who are working on it are not here.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
Sydognot until it's released, you'll have to get Sidbo to contact Aces so we can get the Xtra server up and running early.

Id prefer not to make Sidbo's job too much hassle so if I can give him a link then all the better. If there is a process for server admins then I'd like to know what it is so I can give the relevant details to him.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Anybody else with some inside knowledge????!!!!!!

Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

if you hadn't of left trilo for a couple hours you would have noticed this in my comment

http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=114133

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Xtra servers are the bomb.

Waaaay better than the aussie servers.

(Cept when i get angry and start abusing NZers for copying our flag)