zero_zero

I'm sonic the spacehog

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

363 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

OK in 0.5 the crosshair centers a bit too fast with rifles and HMG but now in 0.6 I find it way too slow. I find it unrealisticly slow, it doesn't take 5 second to take aim only three

rhodan

Sturmpionier

50 XP

30th December 2003

0 Uploads

106 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

sure, it´s a bit too slow!

...at the start i wasn´t able to aim fast enough, but there´s a trick!

you must shoot when the crosshair is 1sec before ready, then you have the advantage you need ...shot 1 moment before it centers!

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I find the rifle crosshairs to centre pretty well how they should in real life. Next time you're aiming for a target the size of a CD with a real rifle @ 50 metres (after you just stopped running) time how long it takes.

As for other crosshairs, the panzerfaust takes waaaay too long to centre. And if the target is moving slowly they can take forever to close. Aiming the faust should be no different than aiming a vietnam era Bazooka or RPG, in fact it should be easier since it has 1/2 the range, thus the target is that much closer and larger!

Also the Ppsh is way too accurate! I was constantly getting sniped by them from what seemed to be long distnaces to I started my own server to test it out. I was able to get consistant hits on the Stalingrad statue's head from (ingame) about 100 metres. Something that shouldn't be possible with a mass produced SMG made by for the most part unskilled workers with questionable quality standards.

I'm sure that KillorLive will back me up on these points.

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I think its better this way than to fast like it was. Maybe a medium could be found, but for the most part it requires you to kneel or go prone to fire with any accuracy. I had a blast yesterday on Berlin Outskirts. I had a G43 and as long as I was kneeling the crosshairs were locked in most of the time. I was firing out this window like crazy picking off Russian one after another hehe. They took all the spawns but the last one but they were dying so much we still won the map 200 to 0. That map is crazy with 50 players hehe.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

They are completely fine. You just have to adapt with .6, throw everyting you learned from .5 right out of window.

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I agree with Blistex on both those points, the PPSH and the Panzerfaust. Shoot all the Antitank weapons take a bit to long to aim, but that one is the only one that really annoyes me. After all the faust was the only one that was really a single person weapon. All the other antitank weapons required 2 guys to function with any speed. Though they were to powerful in 0.5 so maybe leave them like they are hehe.

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
MkH^They are completely fine. You just have to adapt with .6, throw everyting you learned from .5 right out of window.

Yes, but this is reaslism we're talking about!

Here is a pic of the Panzerfaust's aiming device. panzerfaust%20sicura%20big.jpghttp://www.militariacollection.com/immagini/naziaccessori/panzerfaust%20sicura%20big.jpg

See those three holes? Depending on the range you put the enemy tank on the other side of one of them and fire! How long do you tink that would take? 8+ seconds? I have no problem with the Panzerfaust's sights not closing as far as they do to simulate the inaccuracy, but having the sights take forever to close only simulates the user being 1/2 blind or retarded.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

My post was actually meant as an reply to first poster. It's true the Panzerfaust takes a tad long to aim, especially since it's a lot weaker now against tank armor.

Spears

2nd SS-Panzer Division

50 XP

18th February 2004

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I love how things center in now.....more realistic i guess.

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Yeah fix the Panzerfaust, takes way to long to close the sights...