Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

getpicture.php?id=596442

784 players up to now say they will play FH actively......not bad, not bad...

I guess they only await the release of 0.6.

Why BG42 isn't even mentioned ( 0.95 is really good ) is beyond me....I think that indicates they have a serious PR problem.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Well the poll's not that well constructed. I mean, since MC merged with FH, has there even been a Merciless to play? If they put in an option that doesn't exist any more, I wouldnt be at all surprised if they missed off something that does.

Unless Merciless 1942 is something different, of course, which means I'm an idiot.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Not bad at all! I am surprised that that many people even took part in the poll!

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Acomba MikeWell the poll's not that well constructed. I mean, since MC merged with FH, has there even been a Merciless to play? If they put in an option that doesn't exist any more, I wouldnt be at all surprised if they missed off something that does. Unless Merciless 1942 is something different, of course, which means I'm an idiot.

People are clearly still playing Merciless, even if future development has been folded into FH. Why should they stop if they like it? On the other hand, the poll certainly isn't listing all of the Bf1942 mods that are out there. Of course, you're right, it isn't a scientic poll, but it still indicates that, despite all the complaining and the "FH is Dead" alarmism, that there is a lot of interest in the mod.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Yes, not many people answered the poll as well as 10% marked "play 1 or more of the above" Which could mean any 2, but DC and FH are the most populated, so you tell me. The reason they made that poll was to see what's popular so they can make an expansion pack to try to counter it, look out fellas, I guarantee you we'll see a = BATTLEFIELD : DESERT WARFARE = soon, just wait and see!

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Yeah I seriously think they will make a Desert Combat type expansion. I mean why wouldn't they?

Ugh Luckily FH is safe from EA/Dice hijacking an era of war because they already did WW2 =)

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
Beast of War Why BG42 isn't even mentioned ( 0.95 is really good ) is beyond me....I think that indicates they have a serious PR problem.

Agreed on both points, BG is a really good mod. Lots of fun. And I wouldn't be surprised if they simply buy out DC, DC already has sold out to Gamespy big time, and EA and Gamespy are close.

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
The Jackalx2kYeah I seriously think they will make a Desert Combat type expansion. I mean why wouldn't they? Ugh Luckily FH is safe from EA/Dice hijacking an era of war because they already did WW2 =)

I dunno, why would they try to compete with a mod that's so popular? It would be very tough to get people to buy a new game that more or less duplicates what can be had for free (assuming one already has bf1942).

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
why would they try to compete with a mod that's so popular?

$$$$$$:deal: EA is a business and they like money. They saw how many people bought their other expansions and see how many people like DC. It problaly wont happen actually, but then again, if it did, I wouldn't be surprised. But who cares, FH forever!

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Its only a matter of time before we start seeing reviews of "The great new Game by EA games, DESERT COMBAT, developed by Trauma studios this game has blown blah blah blah" And men in Black suites and shades start arresting peeps for playing The mod Bloody Money :(