richardcx14

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

14th August 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#71 17 years ago

As a member in my clan once put "Bf is NOt a historical shooter like many other games. BF is an arcade shooter. The people at dice probably just watcheda bunch of war movies and were like "whoa that would bea cool game" and thus BF1942 was concieved from simpleminded idiots voer at dice. BF is an alright game but it could have been oh soo umch more..

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#72 17 years ago

heh, while being NOT historical accurate, does that give them an excuse to model weapons incorrectly? i think not.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#73 17 years ago

yeh, i can understand the fact of acadyness, but making sloppy animation code and weapon models is kinda... sloppy.

<2nd>rangers

Tomcat

50 XP

7th November 2002

0 Uploads

188 Posts

0 Threads

#74 17 years ago

Well you no dice..When they first released the game they knew they where not 100% right on everything"no game is".TRUST ME THEY NO THIS! They are just to lazy to fix it all. Like the bolt being on the wrong side. The commutiy as been complaining almost over year and a half got and you a M1...now they are saying it needs to be fixed again well it well just take more time to make them fix it. Dice is not dumb they are just lazy.. :nodding: That why mods come along to fix it and make it better...All dice really did for mods is make the game engine and some staitc" lots of mods dont need the staict stuff" then a mod added the rest like the tanks and guns. This game would really be nothing without all the great mods aout there. Thats my 2 cents... on dice :hump: <---just had to throw that in lol...

Tomcat, Operation Overlord member

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#75 17 years ago

hm, the new map is much better then the other bonusmaps (in my opinion). played it as japanese and as us and it was funny (as funny as vanilla can be). ok, the map is new, maybe the us would become overwhelming strong if everybody knows the map. but atm its pretty fair balanced. sometimes the us wins, sometimes the japanese. the main point of this map are the loads of fords where you can walk through the water. the cruiser could defend its own against the planes (hey this is vanilla! you can shoot down planes with the main guns), but its nearly defenceless against the loads of fast torpedoboats.

nearly all the time the map is like this: everybody tries to capture the north-eastern flag, torpdoboats and planes are attacking the cruiser. cruiser sank and north-eastern flag is taken (hopefully). now the map really starts. the respawning cruiser gets a nice support-role for invading the island and after taking one or two more flags land-combat is dominating and most players forget the cruiser.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#76 17 years ago

why the fuck make new stuff and put them in one map ?? instead of making it for all maps ??? btw Japanse rifle suckssss

Noir Cheval

Big Muskel Guy

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#77 17 years ago

I just played some of the Phillipines map and, I'm sorry, but after playing FH, I can't get back into Vanilla BF. :thumbsdown:

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#78 17 years ago

I just played the Phillipines map online - enjoyed the new boats (I don't care too much if they're not accurate representations). But playing vanilla-BF is now so frustrating -- forgot how many snipers there were! Most annoying when you travel halfway across a map only to get shot in the head by a sniper when I can sometimes empty many rounds into someone with no effect! Of course this probably implies I'm cr@p!! :) Anyway - can't wait for 0.6 - and hope snipers are kept as kits They're the curse of online-gaming fun (except when I'm one of course ;) )

DDD

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#79 17 years ago

rofl the sounds on those boats are totaly gay it sounds like puttputtputttputt

Big {Daddy}

Get in!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,708 Posts

0 Threads

#80 17 years ago

I'm fairly happy with the patch. It has fixed the destroyer MG lag effect and hasn't messed anything up. On the down side, they should have fixed the chat lag by now (the priority traffic queue excuse doesn't wash with me). Another shocking omission is the fact they haven't found a decent server setting to punish overstacked teams.

My thoughts on the Phillipines map: Firstly more tickets for the Japs - the Yanks/Phillipinoes are supposed to be on the defensive right?. The US side can sink the Japanese destroyer far too quickly (unless they are complete idiots). I haven't played vanilla, but in FH the torpedo plane has been noobified. You don't even need to get the torp below the water line. A torp landing on the deck does the job very nicely. Those silly little put-put boats carry to much poke for their size. Either they should be nerfed, or they should be culled somewhat (and replaced with landing craft). The static MG emplacements are DICE noobness. They need to be feared like in good ol' FH. A torpedo plane is fairly redundent for the Japs, replace it with a bomber. Drop close combat class and replace with an officer for some artillery terror!

Overall if the FH team play their cards right, they can improve this map tenfold. In an ideal world the US team should have there backs to the wall defending for their lives!