axkgkadragon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Ive been away recently (atleast on the FH forums) so please dont flame or hate if these have been posted already.

1. What the hell happened to the knife?! It seems its harder to kill anyone nowadays with it. I think its range is decreased or something, because you can no longer kneel to knife a laying down guy (atleast the 20 times ive tried it)

2. Also whats with the shovel and katana damage? (This is NOT ment to be a pro-axis-hand2hand weapon comment) youd think that if you got whacked by a shovel youd be out. As far as the katana is consered im rather disapointed. So far its just a knife with a new model and skin. Please please PLEASE increase its range and or damage...im pretty sure a sword would have double what a knife would have. But one thing i must commend the FH team on with the katana is the little easter egg they put in it...beautiful...i almost cried with joy when i heard it. (press alt fire with the katana out) although its only in 11hz sound...making it sound crappy. But please look at the shengitzo (please dont kill me on spelling thats only a guess.....well i think its better known as the samurai mod) at their katana...rather than making it do more damage it makes it so it spreads out 5 or 6 hits in a line (which is understandable seeing as how a slashing sword would have a cirling slice...try saying that 10 times fast) the get to the point....i think a katana should be much better than a knife....regardless of balance

3. Regarding the PanzerIV...when it spawns in game and you get a kill it says PanzerIV, i was just wondering if we could get that changed to what the tank really is? the PanzerIVF1? It seems (partialy thanks to dice) that most people think its the panzerIVD (put its not :lol:) it has better armor (not much but enough to tell the difference) Before anyone gets the chance to say "Dont tell them to waste their time with something as armenial as changing a name. STOP....because i have the file with the tank's name changed and everything...if any of the FH team want the file (so you guys dont have to do the work) just pm me or get me on MSN.

4. How about some flavor things? Like maybe the overcoat (trenchcoat) you sometimes see on axis officers or even russian ones for that matter. I think thatd look really cool. Or maybe some external camoflage (see. Enemy at the Gates, either Major Ko:nig or Vassili Zeitzev) just to help the snipers hide. BTW i love the random hats and things. Adds a great deal of flavor IMO. Also i noticed when in third person (atleast for the american engineer with the M1 carabine) that he some times runs/walks with his weapon down at his side (across him) i saw this and i was like OMGWTFLMAOBBQ!! Mainly because this looks neat and it helps movie makers out (like myself) when making movies, since the soldier is walking around...it doesnt look like hes expecting the enemy to be right around the corner (with his rifle up and shouldered) Anyway, could we please get more animations like this? again flavor factor :lol:

5. Ive read about tanks and other spgs, and armor pieces that carried an mp40 or mg for self defence. (mainly spgs and mobile arty pieces) Would it be possible to code it so that the alt fire would drop an object (just like apcs) but rather than droping an MG, have it drop a kit with only an mp40, sten, thompson, ppsh, mg42, bren, 30. cal, dp, or what have you...so that the extra guy (not manning the gun) could run around to the back and pick it up to use? Ya know while reading this post i realize a couple things... 1) This might cause people to bail at the sight of infantry to get a weapon. Well, a counter point to my counter point. Anyone who bails there tank is a noob (espcialy the guy who bailed from his tiger after i shot the side of his turret once with a bazooka, thanks for the FHT noob (btw FHT means full health tiger, well atleast pretty damn close to full health)) secondly its the same thing as an apc having the mg to drop. Point 2) If your getting out of your SPG for a gun what about the kit you already have? agian, my counter point to my counter point. Usualy (most tankers atleast) are engineers, who usualy have rifles ect. an mp40 would suit better for a close quarters.....damnit i just realized that the tnak commander class has an mp40/allied equivalent. Well.......just throw this one with the "flavor" ideas.

6. Has there been some recent "nerfing" of tanks in .65? (Mainly speaking of the tiger) Becuase ive seen a sherman actualy take a couple hits from a tiger (yes i know it was flaming, and no im actualy a decent tanker) also there was a couple times i went head to head with a sherman (in a tiger) and one thing i noticed.....was that when the sherman hit me....he was doing damage!!!! (yes i know your thinking "Well you fascist anti-allied pig!) but think about it. It was proven that the shermans cannon could not penitrate the tigers frontal armor at ANY range. And yet in both these instances each tank was doing about 5-10% a shot.

7. Some of you may have noticed the small arms fire damage changes (special thanks to scorpion for clearing all of this up for me) but what i think has been done is, theyve up-ed the damage of pistol rounds and down-ed the damage of rifle rounds...and since smg's use pistol rounds and mg's use rifle rounds...youll notice that mg's seem to do less damage and smg's seem to do more damage (from .61) IMO ive seen some people take one to many rifle shots. personly i think they need to bring the rifle rounds back up to their former glory. ON the other hand thank you for making the nambu a semi-effective weapon now :bow: :lol:

8. While going through the meshes of different tanks ive come accross a large number of tanks areas (mainly the sides ect.) that would say.....two tanks....statisticaly speaking, are from different countries, and have the same armor and degree....lets just say 30mm@90 for example...but in the meshes the two tanks would have different armor values...is there a unified system to finding these numbers? Because i think that two tanks that have the same armor thickness and angle should have the same armor defensive value (yes we could get into the whole "quality of the nations steel" issue, but id rather keep that out of this) To get to the point, is there a unified armor value finding system?

9. What about some of the stuff we were shown in updates? i.e. the elephant and the pzIII. I dont mean to insult anyone, but if i see something in an update release i expect it to be in the next release version of the mod. I understand there are complications ect. but if its not going to be in...dont show us stuff that might make us think that it will be (were stupid like that) Also, thanks for placeing useless (virtualy) equipement in! (this is serious...not sarcasm) I.E. the grasshoper and things. even though it may (or may not) have a significant influence on the battle, it adds alot of flavor to a map. Which is a major (yet greatly ignored) part of a mod.

10. A few (10) things i would love to commend the FH team for:

1. Linking weapons on fighters. 2. Vast amounts of stuph to pway wiff. 3. A good varaity of maps to play on (when they work) 4. Working at a hurried pace for fans who want it now 5. A dev team that actualy listens to its fans ideas and suggestions and arent the hermit crab, pimple faced, geeks that some dev teams seam to be (btw, this is a broad example not pointing at any specific team or mod) 6. Dedication to a sometimes "critical" fanbase :wink: 7. Having a decent pub relations crew who actualy let us know whats going on behind the sceens 8. Keeping us updated ever couple weeks 9. Keeping the original ideas flowing 10. Just being my favorite all around dev team (yes i know its sucking up but hell, even the best do it)

I know this is kinda long so to all of you who actualy sat down and read this post....THANK YOU!!

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I can't answer everything since I am not a coder, but as far as number 4 goes, we would like to have things like trenchcoats and great coats as well, but they involve a lot of complex animation work, and our animators are pretty busy trying to improve things like weapon loading animations at the moment. Maybe in the future. Seeing something in a web update definitely does not mean it will be in the next version, just that it has reached a stage where there is something interesting to see. Things may not make it into a version for a lot of reasons--if a release had to be held up to include everything that had ever been shown, we would still be trying to complete 0.6.

axkgkadragon

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
StrangerThanFiction Seeing something in a web update definitely does not mean it will be in the next version, just that it has reached a stage where there is something interesting to see. Things may not make it into a version for a lot of reasons--if a release had to be held up to include everything that had ever been shown, we would still be trying to complete 0.6.

oooooooooh! ok, that explains that for me...ty i never fully understood that

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
axkgkadragonoooooooooh! ok, that explains that for me...ty i never fully understood that

NP. I think a lot of people get confused about this issue. Sometimes stuff gets held up, and it can't be avoided. For example, I originally expected to finish the new Puma for 0.65, but ended up helping out with bits of the Jumbo, the M36, and a bunch of other higher priority stuff, besides having a very busy summer in terms of RL work, so it is still waiting to be skinned. There are many similar stories for other things that have appeared in the news, but are still not released.

Skipster

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

29th July 2004

0 Uploads

1,068 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
axkgkadragon6. Has there been some recent "nerfing" of tanks in .65? (Mainly speaking of the tiger) Becuase ive seen a sherman actualy take a couple hits from a tiger (yes i know it was flaming, and no im actualy a decent tanker) also there was a couple times i went head to head with a sherman (in a tiger) and one thing i noticed.....was that when the sherman hit me....he was doing damage!!!! (yes i know your thinking "Well you fascist anti-allied pig!) but think about it. It was proven that the shermans cannon could not penitrate the tigers frontal armor at ANY range. And yet in both these instances each tank was doing about 5-10% a shot.

I don't know for sure, but I believe that all tank guns have some ability to damage another tank, regardless of RL armor vs. penetration. (which can only be abstracted for BF42/FH) AFAIK, the only way to make a Sherman gun not hurt a Tiger at all would be to make it a different category of gun, but then it would only damage light tanks. (like PzII) Besides, just because a Sherman's gun cannot penetrate the frontal armor at any range, does not mean it can't affect the Tiger at all. IRL, non-penetrating hits could wreck the tracks, damage the gunsight, cause spalling and kill crewmembers, etc. We don't have any of these factors in FH, so a low amount of damage is IMO a decent compromise.

axkgkadragon

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

tracks gunsight barrel and all that niffy stuff isnt considered frontal armor mind you...

axkgkadragon

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

798 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

what about making spaces in the cockpit so when infantry jump out, they are stuck in side the plane, but have a button (vehical up and down, like the door on the landinngcraft) to open and close the hatch on the plane. So they have to open it to bail

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Maybe....but then again....tank hatches...were also requested.

Skipster

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

29th July 2004

0 Uploads

1,068 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
axkgkadragontracks gunsight barrel and all that niffy stuff isnt considered frontal armor mind you...

No, but IRL, they are not "nifty stuff", they are critical components, without which, you have a much less effective fighting machine. Imagine if you lost your tracks and gunsight... You would basically just have an 88 in a pillbox, one that you have to boresight to shoot. Now FH/BF42 does not model this, in fact they don't model armor penetration either. Abstracted values are used instead. So in your Tiger example, 5-10% damage doesn't mean the Sherman penetrated your armor at all. A penetrating hit would likely kill you, or at least do severe damage. The minor damage you take is simulating damaging, non-penetrating hits.