Freeze

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#61 15 years ago

In 0.61 I managed to dive bomb at a steep angle of about 80 degrees, I've practiced it a lot, and the best map is Crete imo, once i got 12 kills in one round, and 1 death (smacktard teamkilled me on my reload run above the axis isle). So I think it does work well, in Crete it's just an AA killer, but in other maps the stuka is not so good to use imo.

[5th]Barget 2nd Inf

The Fifth Column

50 XP

1st April 2004

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#62 15 years ago

i find it rather hard to aim my plane in the right direction for the fly-by, roll-over, and dive technique... what techniques do you guys use for effective dive bombing?

Freeze

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#63 15 years ago

Fly high!: on Crete, I make a round over the isle of the axis when i've taken off, after that I'm high enough and I head for the island, then I use my minimap, when you come near, you see grey icons of the AA gun positions when they are unmanned, and if I see one that is not on the minimap, I know that position must be manned, then I start my dive at a very steep angle (bout 70-80 degrees) and I release the bomb when I got the AA gun in sight, then I pull up and I head for the sea asap. Then I slowly fly over our airstrip to reload, and the whole thing starts again, ... turn one round around the isle of axis, get more altitude above sea, head for land ... Ow yeah, it is good if you know exactly where the AA gun positions are on the ground, and on the minimap!

[5th]Barget 2nd Inf

The Fifth Column

50 XP

1st April 2004

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#64 15 years ago

ooh, aah, thanks for the tips buddy... now i want to find a good game going on now with a stuka to try this out. :D

Freeze

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

102 Posts

0 Threads

#65 15 years ago

No problem mate, I read about divebombing in the sticky about planes in FH. Then I went to test it out on Crete, and with this way of working I killed 8 AA gunners in one game, without being killed once! (except when the me110 crashed on me during my reload flight :p)