Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I was a bit disappointed when I read that the 1939-1940 (invasion of Poland) part of the war wasn't going to be covered. Could it possibly be added into the mod in a later release? Cause I see it as a pretty important part of the war.

:confused:

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I doubt the team is just gonna walk away from this mod when finished...

If it really takes off then i wouldn't be surprised if they added more armies and more scenerios (hopes for a Manchurria map).

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Originally posted by Lord Nova I doubt the team is just gonna walk away from this mod when finished... If it really takes off then i wouldn't be surprised if they added more armies and more scenerios (hopes for a Manchurria map).

I wasn't suggesting that, I'm just hoping that that decision won't be final, and that it could still be added to the mod sometime in the future :)

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

What i meant is odds are it won't be in the first final release of the mod. Not saying they could add it in later as a bonus/expansion to the mod.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

I would like to have '39 in so you can see the Pole 6-ton vickers tanks getting mauled :D

[BlitzJ]Fenrir

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Weren't there alot of occasions where the Poles charged Panzers on horseback or by bicycle with lances and rifles? Heh that would be funny. :D

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago
Originally posted by [BlitzJ]Fenrir Weren't there alot of occasions where the Poles charged Panzers on horseback or by bicycle with lances and rifles? Heh that would be funny. :D

Yes but we should ask Omni :D

;)

Omni

FH mod team member

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

423 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Argh! How long do i have to say that Poles didn't charge tanks neither with horses nor with bikes!!!:mad:

We used to mow infantary with cavalary, but we destroyed tanks with at guns and rifles. Horses were only used as a means of transportation

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Originally posted by Omni Argh! How long do i have to say that Poles didn't charge tanks neither with horses nor with bikes!!!:mad: We used to mow infantary with cavalary, but we destroyed tanks with at guns and rifles. Horses were only used as a means of transportation

Now you're misinformed or just plain lying. The worlds last cavelary charge was led by a Polish Major in '39. Over 200 horses charged advancing German infantry but then German Sdkfz. 222s showed up. Total carnage! :lol:

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

No he's perfectly legit in saying that. No calvary (as far as I know) charged German Panzers. As far as I know it was made up to try and play down the true strength of Germany's armed forces. Made it seem like they assaulted a very stupid enemy. Omni was refuting that calvary charged panzers. What you brought up was Calvary charging infantry, which did happen as far as I know... :)